ad: Radclub22-1

Maidenhead Grid EL58hx Activation Memorial Day Weekend 2018

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W5PFG, Mar 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K4FTP

K4FTP Ham Member QRZ Page

What modes on 6m will you be running?

2. N5PZJ

N5PZJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I work down there from time to time at a platform 12 Miles South Of Southwest Pass at SP 83! Brought a radio with me, guys wondering what the attraction was and I had to explain the maidenhead system, not a lot of Time to Operate.

AK5B likes this.
  3. AK5B

AK5B XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Very nice 1890s computer on your QRZ page, Martin. Perhaps it is one of the early French models? I didn't know they had computers back in those days until I saw yours!

Jeff

N5PZJ likes this.
  4. KF4LVF

KF4LVF Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you -- and I look forward to working you on 6m -- de Bonne KF4LVF

5. KI6PMD

KI6PMD Ham Member QRZ Page

GREAT !!! Hope to work you Clayton in EL-58 !!! Don't get carried away with the contacts & get eaten by a BIG gator ! Hi Hi ! I will also look for Wyatt on 6# the tragic band I mean the Magic band !!! thanks for the contact last week on CAS-4b always nice to hear you Clayton 73 Phil KI6PMD in DM-04 vc ..

6. W1SRR

W1SRR Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I am interested in trying to make this contact. Issue is trying to reach out to you all from my QTH. What mode/freq will you all be calling out from?

7. N5PZJ

N5PZJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Steam driven too!

N9PBD likes this.
  8. NI9Y

NI9Y XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks

9. W5KYP

W5KYP Ham Member QRZ Page

I operate from EL48oc from time to time. (oil rig)

W5PFG likes this.
  10. W4LES

W4LES Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not active all the time. I have it from the K5N group and will be Johnny on the spot. Manny thanks to you guy's that are going to give others a chance at the rare grid. Thank You.

11. W5PFG

W5PFG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

For those asking, we will use various modes on 6m. Could be SSB, MSK, FT8, possibly CW.

Satellites will be FM, SSB, possibly packet.

The last time I went down to EL58 I operated entirely from a boat. This time we will stay two nights, have a decent antenna (5 elements on 6m,) and power.

N9PBD likes this.
  12. KB3RHR

KB3RHR Ham Member QRZ Page

Good Luck Fellas! What is the power 6 Meter output? K5N did a bang up job from there, I believe I worked them M/S. Good Luck , do some videos from there! Best Wishes 73 de KB3RHR

13. N7LT

N7LT Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like fun and hopefully we can hear you up here in NW Montana! Looks like KL7JGS and I should make an expedition trip to some of the rare Montana grids!

N7LT
    Kalispell, MT

14. W5PFG

Just about one month away. Antennas, SSPA, generators, mast, equipment is procured. We will be QRV 6m and satellites.

15. W5PFG

(Venice, LA, USA) Wyatt Dirks, AC0RA, and Clayton Coleman, W5PFG’s plan to activate maidenhead gridsquare EL58hx on Memorial Day weekend, 2018, is rescheduled due to unsafe weather conditions. The National Weather Service’s National Hurricane Center confirms 70% potential for a tropical depression to form in the next five days with potential to move into the Gulf of Mexico this weekend. Rainfall predicted to hit the Louisiana coast combined with additional moisture from the potential depression would inhibit safe access to the operating location. The new dates for the expedition are June 7-9, 2018.