ad: UR5CDX-1

Censured ARRL Director Dick Norton at the Yuma Hamfest on HamRadioNow

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K4AAQ, Feb 22, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Then don't sign the contract

2. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

People are banned from installing ham radio antennas in a large majority of HOA's regardless if they signed any contract or not.

That's the issue identified which this bill is attempting to address and resolve.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  3. KI7QVR

KI7QVR Ham Member QRZ Page

4. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

REALLY???? got proof of that statement?

5. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Yup sure do. :)

Here's what you do...

Go to any HOA with an antenna ban in force and ask them if you can move and put up an antenna there.

Come back and post your answer.

Also be sure and let us know if their refusal to accommodate your request involved signing a contract at the HOA or not.

Again, people are banned from installing antennas in an HOA regardless if they signed any HOA contract.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  6. W0DHG

W0DHG Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree... Any member should expect that!

7. WU8Y

WU8Y Ham Member QRZ Page

No. Why should a Director from outside your area need to interact with you?

8. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

...because they represent the board in a member-based non-profit, irrespective of their assigned 'location'. Are you saying I shouldn't be watching this video...because I am from New England?

KM1H and ND6M like this.
  9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Cuts like a knife :)

10. WY7BG

WY7BG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've noticed that comment - online and off - seems to have simmered down with regard to the ARRL Code of Conduct snafu. Yet, according to Dick, very little has changed and the "gag rule" is still in effect. Are hams still pushing to fix the governance of the club before it runs completely off the rails?

11. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't think there has been any change in the attitude/direction of the ARRL, they are just sitting back and letting the time pass.

12. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Unfortunately, if transparency is not increased, the major donors will continue to withhold funds and renege on prior commitments, at least that's my opinion based on the impression I got. Yours may differ..

I thought Dick's video was very transparent AND factual. I didn't hear anything in it on an 'ax to grind'.

Just so everyone knows, I talked with K1KI, the NE director, and he said the 'transparency' message came across loud and clear to the board.

So, let them do their job, now that the issue has been brought to their attention ...in spades.

KM1H and K8BZ like this.
  13. AE5GT

AE5GT Ham Member QRZ Page

We have entered the "Phoney War" . Where both sides are not quite ready to take each other on, they're simply stockpiling political ammunition ,laying verbal mine fields ,and making plans to outflank each other in the coming months. Culminating in a victory in October for one side or the other.

14. KL7SB

KL7SB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The only thing that has changed is that Mr. Lisenco is no longer trying to hide his agenda, and Mr. Norton is also freer to speak his mind in public, knowing that he has the support of the donors etc. The important thing is to replace the Problem Directors, especially in the Hudson Division. I mean this *strictly* metaphorically, but ...we need to kill the head of the snake.

ND6M likes this.
  15. AE5GT

AE5GT Ham Member QRZ Page

Im not convinced that there is only one head . Having seen this behavior before in another 501/503 his agenda may not be the only thing thats going on . Its been ~15 years and it still ain't over. This stuff could go on for a long time. It may never end.