ad: TinyPaddle-1

How to program Ailunce HD1 to contact the repeater quickly without PC

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by BH6PJL, Jan 25, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. BH6PJL

BH6PJL Ham Member QRZ Page

Almost all the operations can be done via radio keypad.
    Dual Band DMR Radio,Analog and Digital Combined.
    Compatible with Motorola Tier Ⅰ&Ⅱ

How to program a rf DMR repeater on HD1.

How to program FM repeater very quickly

2. AA1PR

AA1PR Ham Member QRZ Page

cool, looks so much like a MD380

3. K2BKR

K2BKR Ham Member QRZ Page

I seem to be fixated on this HT. My area is only partly UHF due to radar usage and I have a Connect Systems CS 580. My first DMR and I enjoy it however Im looking for a dual band. Should I wait to purchase the HD1 as they are adding GPS or buy this one. I am also wondering what is the difference as its the same company between this unit and the Retivas(sp)2017 DMR HT. Any thoughts would be appreciated. 73 k2bkr

ps thank you for the video!

4. W6SEV

W6SEV Ham Member QRZ Page

If you're referring to the Retevis RT-82, which is their version of the TYT MD-2017, they are very different from this radio (the HD-1). The HD-1 is built from the ground up for hams, whereas the other two are still based on the commercial applications of DMR. Also the 2017 clones are both 5 watt only whereas the HD-1 is 10 watts. I'm sure there are many other differences that other more knowledgeable hams could answer.

5. AA8GK

AA8GK Ham Member QRZ Page

Geezzzz. I wonder why?

6. AA1PR

AA1PR Ham Member QRZ Page

no need to be rude, Ive never seen this radio nor researched it before this post

7. W2TH

W2TH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've tried them all. The Anytone AT-D868UV is by far the best one out there.

8. N7JFF

N7JFF Ham Member QRZ Page

I just sent back a couple of TYT MD-2017's. I am not going to slam the 2017 as it is a nice radio, I feared that the antenna connector might break, and also I have unfortunately had to have a Blackberry phone with the track ball and it was okay when the phone was a couple of months new. It is way to easy to bump the ball and change the channel. I am an Elmer to a friend who is legally blind. The 2017 was suggested to him and without hesitation he ordered it, so I did as well so that I could learn it quickly and help him. As it turned out, the roller ball was not going to be a good option for him. The HD1 does has larger numbers on the screen, and much easier for my friend to control. By the way, he does have some site, but very limited. Both the 2017 and HD1 are very new out on the market so firmware updates are changing to fix bugs and on and on. There are so many radios out there, and this is only my own experience with these two specific radios. There are also plenty of reviewers out there so you can get a feel and make a decision based on your personal needs/wants. 73 and best of luck! Jeff N0QWV

K6YZF likes this.
  9. N2FGB

N2FGB Ham Member QRZ Page

To N7JFF, Jeff my name is John and I am totally blind and have an HD1. Do you know of any text versions of the manual? What I'd like to find is a menu layout. If this exists or you nkow anyone who would care to create a text listing of all the menus it would be quite helpful. Also, do you know if shortcuts can be used example: Menu2 for offset or menu3 for contacts that kind of thing? If you have any thoughts or anyone else does please share. My e-mail is johnythehess@gmail.com. I bought this thing on Amazon and have 30 days to return it. Thanks so much.