ad: ProAudio-1

Bouvet Aborted

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KA1BSZ, Feb 4, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W9MRH

W9MRH Ham Member QRZ Page

I logged VK0EK with 100 watts and a dipole. They were 11,000 miles from my QTH. I did it on 30 meters CW and 4 hours of trying. It can be done.

N4ENE likes this.
  2. LA6VQ

LA6VQ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Quote Z60A Qrz.com page:
    CLARIFICATION OF THE Z60A LOTW UPLOAD TIMING
    The complete Z60A log will be uploaded to LoTW approximately four weeks after the current activation. The current activation will end immediately following Kosovo's 10th independence anniversary celebrations on Sunday, February, 18 2018. The additional four-week window will allow for corrections and checking for potentially busted calls.

You'll have to be patient until approx. mid-March.

73 de Frode LA6VQ

AK5B likes this.
  3. N4ESS

N4ESS Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

AK5B likes this.
  4. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

5. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

HI DICK, THANK YOU FOR YOUR INFO ON THE EARTHQUAKE.....BRAVO.....
    ALSO, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE IN THE NAVY AS AN OFFICER.
    THREE CHEERS FOR YOUR GREAT QRZ PAGE.
    BOUVET ISLAND  SEISMIC ACTIVITY.jpg

https://watchers.news/2018/01/28/st...ake-hits-bouvet-island-region-south-atlantic/

73 - CARMEN

N4ENE likes this.
  6. N7WR

N7WR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I started DXing seriously in about 1976 and have had all but P5 (and the "new one" since my prior QSO/QSL doesn't count) since about 2000. It has been a long quiet period without an ATNO though I have filled some band/mode spots over the years.

7. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

WADDAH YOU MEAN "CHILL OUT"??? I'M ONLY EXPRESSING OTHERS OUT HERE WHO'D BITCH AND MOAN ABOUT THEY WERE EITHER RIPPED OFF OR IT DID'NT GO THEIR WAY!!!! Like I (SAID) WE'LL LET OUR OWN BIG BUX CONTRIBUTION "RIDE" SO U'VE GOT NOTHING TO CRY ABOUT!!!

8. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

Oookay, quit shouting. And chill out.

AK5B, KC8VWM, KK5JY and 1 other person like this.
  9. KI7HSB

KI7HSB Ham Member QRZ Page

Indoor voice, please.

AK5B and KC8VWM like this.
  10. N6QIC

N6QIC Ham Member QRZ Page

cap_lock_on.jpg

party_on.jpg

AK5B and KC8VWM like this.
  11. KI7HSB

KI7HSB Ham Member QRZ Page

Okay, let me get this straight... A bunch of guys pony'd up over 3/4 of a million American bucks to charter a ship to sail to the middle of nowhere in the south Atlantic Ocean dodging ice bergs damn near to Antarctica, then fly a helicopter to the top of a scarcely 19 square mile uninhabited rock in freezing cold weather and set up a bunch of mobile ham radios for a few hours just so that as many ham radio jocks as possible could ping them and go on to brag to their buddies about how that QSO'd someone on Bouvet Island....

Is that about right?

12. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

As Jerry Seinfeld says...

N6QIC and KI7HSB like this.
  13. N4ENE

N4ENE QRZ Lifetime Member #46 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Romeo---Romeo???? LoL...

K3SX likes this.
  14. N7JI

N7JI Ham Member QRZ Page

Exactly. There's a spirit of adventure on both ends of the string.

If someone doesn't understand or enjoy the allure of DXing, or of activating a rare entity, that's their loss (and potential financial gain).

I don't do it to brag. I do it because I enjoy doing it. I'm appreciative of the guys who go to these rare places.

I imagine that it would also be a huge (and exhausting) rush to have a permanent pileup calling only you for weeks.

Scott N7JI

WB9AZA and AK5B like this.
  15. G3SEA

G3SEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Very nasty seas down there. Glad they are safe. There will be another window for them.

G3SEA/KH6

W5MBH likes this.