ad: portazero-1

Orlando Hamcation - QRZ Q&A at ham radio's premier winter event

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Feb 5, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

logo-hamcation.png
    It's February again and that only means one thing: i.e Hamcation is coming!

Hamcation is one of the classic great hamfests of our time and this year QRZ will be holding a Town Hall Q&A as one of the seminars. Please come out and join us as I talk about the latest happenings at QRZ and do my best to field questions from the audience. It should be great fun!

QRZ @ Hamcation: Saturday, Feburary 10th, 11:am

For detailed schedules and seminar information, please see: https://www.hamcation.com/

73, Fred Lloyd, AA7BQ

K8XG likes this.
  2. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I wish I could get away to Hamcation! Maybe some year. I'd STILL love for you to do this kind of thing on Ham Talk Live! sometime.

KF7WIS and K9ASE like this.
  3. K9UR

K9UR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

See ya in Orlandooooo ! Great going, Fred ! QRZ is top notch !

KF7WIS likes this.
  4. N1UFO

N1UFO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Looking forward to Hamcation! I'm coming in from Brooklyn,NYC first time and ready to have some fun!!!
    QRZ is Rocking ! I'LL SEE YA THERE!!
    73,Gabe,N1UFO

KF7WIS likes this.
  5. N4CPR

N4CPR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You going to bring some bagels-lox's and cream cheese with you?

Mike...N4CPR

6. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My Father (N2SG) lives in Orlando, and it's become a yearly pilgrimage for my Brother (WA2BMO - NJ) and me (SC) to go down for the weekend and cause trouble. It looks like they are calling for some great weather. See ya there!

KF7WIS likes this.
  7. W8CI

W8CI QRZ Lifetime Member #85 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I am looking forward to Hamcation! A great event and will be attending Fred's forum! QRZ provides a great service to Amateur Radio in my opinion.

KF7WIS likes this.
  8. KA4AQM

KA4AQM Ham Member QRZ Page

Fred’s forum would be a nice thing to record for later viewing on QRZ for those who can’t make it....just saying...

Randy
    KA4AQM

9. W9SN

W9SN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Look me up in one of the commercial buildings Joe. I heard Mike invited you here for the ARRL DX CW and got your response. I'm a commercial vendor there and located in the North Hall.

KF7WIS likes this.
  10. K9UR

K9UR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Received. I’ll definitely look for you. And thanks for the invite ! 73 Joe

KF7WIS likes this.
  11. G8ECI

G8ECI Ham Member QRZ Page

We normally always vacation in Florida, and very often the Orlando area, but I have never seemed to be able to arrange things, so it coincides with Hamcation.....maybe one year....have a great time guys, I will be Kissimmee in June.

73 Derek G8ECI

12. W2AAT

W2AAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Five years ago we (my wife and I) visited the Hamcation, spent about $4.00 on some junk. Left about 1:30 on Saturday and went to a local ford dealer who had lots of mustangs on the lot. Fell in love with a black GT. Went back on Sunday and test drove it. Went back on Monday and bought it. After Hamcation we will be visiting this dealership on Saturday, but have no Mustang purchase plans... A truck perhaps :)

corky

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    KF7WIS likes this.
  13. TI5CDA

TI5CDA Ham Member QRZ Page

See you in Hamcation 2018 :)
    TI DX Club

KF7WIS likes this.
  14. W4FID

W4FID XML Subscriber QRZ Page

HamCation is well run and the committee is responsive to the needs of the demographic of ham radio that is older and has needs. The facility is well equipped with enough clean dry bathrooms, handicapped accessible 100%, and a good area for family fun too so it doesn't have to be a ham only weekend. The seminars, this one should be on your preferred list, are very good.

NU4R and KF7WIS like this.
  15. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Nah. Cheescake and kishkah.

NU4R likes this.