ad: Alphaant-1

75th Anniversary of Founding the R. L. Drake Company

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KB2FMH, Dec 21, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KB2FMH

KB2FMH Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

January 2018 mark 75 years since Mr. Robert L. Drake began making the great Drake Amateur Radio equipment. Two Special Event Stations will be on the air throughout the month in celebration of this piece of Ham History.
    From the 1-A receiver to the TR-7 / R-8 solid state radios Drake has become known around the world as the Cadillac of Ham Radios.
    Look for the stations, W2D and W8D operating randomly (in our free time) on all the HF bands and 6 meters if conditions allow. Watch the DX Cluster sites for frequencies and times of operation. The QRZ pages will be updated in real-time so if you want to see if we're on, simply take a look.

We will be using Drake equipment exclusively and you'll know it by the now famous audio (for SSB users of course).
    Don't miss it! Between the NY station and the Ohio one, you'll make the contact. TR-4.jpg

N3PDT likes this.
  2. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

Yay Drake!

3. KC5NGX

KC5NGX Ham Member QRZ Page

Excellent fare for the Drake 2B!

4. KB0MLR

KB0MLR Ham Member QRZ Page

W2D spotted on 14.236 now.

5. KC5NGX

KC5NGX Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep..., Missed it again!

6. KB2FMH

KB2FMH Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I was just calling on 7.194 but not many takers. The fellow in the Caymans is doing well but that's expected I suppose. Look for me (W2D) later on 40 or 75 meters. I'm taking a break for a while. Watch the cluster and maybe set an alert for the call?

James