ad: ProAudio-1

Orlando Hamcation?

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by KN4DQE, Jan 9, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. KN4DQE

KN4DQE Ham Member QRZ Page

I haven't seen anyone post about the upcoming Hamcation in Orlando - which is scheduled to happen between 2/9 - 2/11. Is this something that anyone is going to be attending? Considering I live in Orlando, and just obtained my license mid last year, I am planning on going on 2/10, Saturday.

Here's the link: https://www.hamcation.com/

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

I attended in 2014 and had a great time!!

The gate to get in opens exactly at the time they announce. 9am nowadays for all 3 days! :)

There will be a line, but it moves pretty quick. :)

There is food and drink for sale, but it costs more than going to 7-11 or McDonald's , think of going to a County Fair type food.
    Bring your own water and a snack in a small backpack, or perhaps like a gym bag that has a carrying strap.

There are inside vendors and outside ones, even if it rains you will have a great time!

Location, Date & Time

Central Florida Fairgrounds and Expo Park
    4603 West Colonial Drive
    Orlando, Florida 32808

February 9, 2018 | 9AM to 5PM
    February 10, 2018 | 9AM to 5PM
    February 11, 2018 | 9AM to 2PM

3. KN4DQE

I'm looking forward to it! I hope that there are folks selling some used heliax cable and other such items!

4. KM4WMC

KM4WMC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You will enjoy it everything you want and dont want is there, Lots of give aways

5. KA7RRA

KA7RRA Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I went last year. That was my 3rd time going. It is worth it and fun to go to .... if you have time go to Gator land Park and you can feed the Aligators and Crocodiles by hand,they take groups of people and you can feed them on the other side of the fence.
    thye are about 10-12 feet away from you with no fence in between.. Its fun and safe

6. VE3JMR

VE3JMR Ham Member QRZ Page

The preferred feed for alligators during this event is "pirate hams" So, if you know one, invite them and pay for their admission! The gators will love you...and them! :)

KA7RRA likes this.
  7. K2HAT

If you want a room, better find one NOW. I hesitated and the place I was planning to stay at sold out of the cheap rooms, and was up to $199. a night for the Hamcation dates.

I found a room thru Expedia but it was not the place i wanted to stay at.

Location, Date & Time

Central Florida Fairgrounds and Expo Park
    4603 West Colonial Drive
    Orlando, Florida 32808

February 9, 2018 | 9AM to 5PM
    February 10, 2018 | 9AM to 5PM
    February 11, 2018 | 9AM to 2PM

https://www.hamcation.com/attending-hamcation

8. KC4LNX

KC4LNX Ham Member QRZ Page

Im 5 hours up the interstate in Ga. I've never been but im seriously considering it since it's in FL , easy to get to, and i will probably never go to Dayton.

9. KC4LNX

KC4LNX Ham Member QRZ Page

Went to Huntsville hamfest for the first time to and really enjoyed it. Also a great side trip to the Marshall Space Flight Center.

10. KN4DQE

I actually live about 15 min away from the fairgrounds - so for me it's an easy drive! :) I am looking forward to going for my first time!

11. KA3CNC

KA3CNC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I live in Langhorne, Pa....about 25 miles outside the city of Philadelphia and I am going to attend for the first time this year. Really looking forward to it. The xyl and I are going to hit a couple of theme parks as well. We already have a flight booked and a house rented. Looking forward to meeting many of the guys that I chat with on 40 meters that are attending as well.

12. K4RCM

K4RCM Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes I will be there last year my wife was sick but I try to go every year I
    It is Great

13. KQ0J

KQ0J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I heard they have parking, working bathrooms, plenty of hotels in the area and there is a good chance it wont rain all weekend.

14. K2HAT

Headed to Orlando!!!

Hope to see you there, I do have some stuff for the Flea Market if I decide to sell. :)

Nice driving a minivan, I left my folding tables and chair and EZ-Up canopies in it, since the last hamfest that I went to back in October. ;)
    Made packing for the road trip easier, just had to bring some totes with schtuff in them and my overnight bag out to the vehicle.

Doubt I will need them, but my waterproof work boots that I wore at Xenia are in the minivan already!

15. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Great Hamfest. I don't know of anyone who has attended that was disappointed.