ad: TinyPaddle-1

CQ to "Jump-Start" Print Edition With January Issue - November and December Issues to be Digital Onl

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K2HAT, Dec 28, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. WB8NUT

WB8NUT Ham Member QRZ Page

Yup.....SeeQ Magazine

2. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Would you stick with a magazine that can't get issues out the door? I wouldn't...and neither would the advertisers who've already deserted them.

3. W4NNF

Subscribers get both print and digital versions as part of their subscription.

4. WR3V

WR3V Ham Member QRZ Page

Guess what? January 10th and still no trace of the January print issue. Mail has come and gone.

Oh wait, I know. The magazine was 'at the printer' on December 20th, it was just that the check that should have accompanied it wasn't. Silly me.

W4NNF likes this.
  5. W6NYA

W6NYA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Still, my original comment is correct. If the advertisers stay with them, they will survive. If not, they won’t.
    I hope they figure it out. The hobby is better with them than without.

6. W4NNF

And you are correct...but I understand the advertisers are not sticking with them. I wish them the best, however. I always put them in 4th place behind QST, 73, Ham Radio (and maybe even World Radio), BUT SURE...the magazine did give me quite a lot of pleasure over the last half century. :)

7. WR3V

WR3V Ham Member QRZ Page

January 11th, no CQ. Liar, liar, magazine on fire.

WB8NUT likes this.
  8. WR3V

WR3V Ham Member QRZ Page

If you google 'cq magazine pdf' and scroll down a bit, you can download CQ for free, in a format that is easy to read. It is last months issue (now December) and I guess they update it as the new digital issue is posted. So, if you don't mind being a month behind (as you are, or worse with a print subscription anyway), why give these cheats on Long island a nickel. Also you can get Practical Wireless and Radio User, from GB.

WD4IGX likes this.
  9. KK0DJ

KK0DJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I had given Rich Moseson, W2VU and the staff at CQ Magazine the benefit of the doubt for 6 months and trusted he and his staff to fix the problems... but it appears he is scamming the whole herd of hams! Disgusting. They have promised me a refund - we'll have to see if they follow through. I will post if it comes and let y'all know. All the awards, all the involvement, all the missed issues... going down due to what? Lousy management? At any rate, it is yet another ham radio business biting the dust. A little addendum.... I received the official magazine of the RSGB for years without one ever being late let alone six months worth. I'm looking into Practical Wireless since it was spoken of highly on TXFactor. 73 y'all

10. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep, I'm aware, I just haven't bothered to download or install the app or whatever. I tend to sort of rotate through hobbies and right now the S&Ts have been going a "read later pile."

11. WD4IGX

I think I'll pull the trigger on an RSGB membership and subscription. A bit pricey but likely worth it, if the magazine can be judged by their other publications. The ones I've seen have been good.

N0GB likes this.
  12. WB8NUT

I was promised a refund a few years ago. Still waiting, but knowing it is never going to happen. They just took my money and kept it. You'll not be getting a refund either.

13. WB8NUT

That is exactly what I did. Now into my third year of RSGB membership and RadCom. Great magazine and truly a different perspective and unique articles. And the best thing is, the magazine arrives the month BEFORE the publication date of the magazine AND they are able to do that all the way from Europe.

WD4IGX likes this.
  14. WD4IGX

Thanks. I have the RSGB Radio Handbook (12th edition) and it's excellent.

15. W4NNF

I don't often look at the digital copy, but I don't believe you have to download any sort of an app.