ad: Halibut-1

CQ to "Jump-Start" Print Edition With January Issue - November and December Issues to be Digital Onl

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K2HAT, Dec 28, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K7FD

K7FD Subscriber QRZ Page

CQ has some pretty decent writers and articles, so I hope this reset button works.

K2HAT and W8ARC like this.
  2. KR9Z

KR9Z Ham Member QRZ Page

digital sucks...I like a magazine in my hands...I would like all the pages in a vertical column, then just use wheel to go from page to page...Will drop QST when it runs out
    Don't like their new rules to not say anything they don't like 73 de Bob

KD0NPT likes this.
  3. KD0NPT

KD0NPT Ham Member QRZ Page

I do miss my QST a bit as I let my membership lapse last year. Instead I joined the RSGB for the heck of it and their RADCOM magazine has been a good read. Receive it in timely fashion every month from the UK in a well protected white envelope.

4. KF2ZO

KF2ZO Ham Member QRZ Page

Times are changing. It would be better if "others" also soon start to offer digital edition and keep prints only to people ask for them.

KF2ZO

5. WR3V

WR3V Ham Member QRZ Page

January 9, 2018
    Dear CQ;

Where is my January print issue that you so happily reported to be 'jump started'? All you got from that untruth is much free publicity (unfortunately for you, all negative). How can we believe that they were actually printed, no less mailed. Nothing you say seems to hold much water these days. Please respond at your earliest convenience.

Cordially
    The faithful (not any more)

6. WR3V

WR3V Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually, I feel they are committing fraud. The are taking money in exchange for a product they are not providing. And across state lines, that would constitute a federal crime, wouldn't it? Mail fraud?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    WU8Y likes this.
  7. K7VZ

K7VZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Attached Files:

8. WR3V

WR3V Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, they're not. At least concerning print issues. Yet they act as if they are, and are still stealing money from anyone dumb enough to send it to them.

9. KD0NPT

KD0NPT Ham Member QRZ Page

Times can change all they want but if Nxtbook and these other pukey online readers are the best they format for digital editions no money will be leaving my hands.

10. N4CD

N4CD Ham Member QRZ Page

Crashed my FIrefox. Locked it up when I tried to view an issue.

11. N0GB

N0GB Ham Member QRZ Page

January 9, No Magazine...

12. N3AWS

N3AWS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Is the CQ parody Facebook page still up?

N3AWS

13. WB8NUT

WB8NUT Ham Member QRZ Page

Good luck getting that. I cancelled a three year subscription with about 1.5 years remaining and never got a refund. That was about 2 or 3 years ago. I don't and never will trust them again.

14. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thirty years ago, I used to buy CQ regularly on the newsstand. And, no, it wasn't very good then, either. Lots of contesting stuff, fluff, and error-filled technical/construction articles. I liked Pop Com better than CQ, and World Radio a whole lot better. Alas, the slow death of shortwave broadcasting killed Pop Com, and CQ bought out World Radio--apparently just to kill it.

I guess it was a year or two that I picked up my last issue of CQ off the Barnes and Noble magazine rack--just before they disappeared from bookstores. I was curious to see if anything had changed. It hadn't.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    WD4IGX likes this.
  15. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Bingo. Sort of, anyway. The reason W2NSD left in the first place, apparently, was CQ's scurrilous business practices. ;)