ad: MyersEng-1

MEANINGFUL ENTRY-LEVEL LICENSE PRIVILEGES

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Nov 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. NC5S

NC5S Ham Member QRZ Page

Of course you are.......

2. N5USN

N5USN Ham Member QRZ Page

Quote:

Lets change the Chief's qualification! Maybe go from seaman to Chief directly. Times are changing, right? I'd love to hear your banter about the wonderful changes in the Navy in the last 20 years. LOL!

Call: N5USN Class: Technician

Says it all...

-------------------------------------------

Oh, what does it say? That YOU made a choice to go on HF and that ALL that refused to follow are beneath you? Oh please K.M.A. and I'm sure you can think about what that means.

I'm HAPPY where i am....I'm not looking to upgrade. Why must I be degraded because I'm a Tech? Do I degrade you for not driving a more expensive car? Gee Charlie, you sould really trade in that Vega.

.............Oh yeah, let's compare the US Military with our little Hobby called Ham radio.

N5USN

3. N5USN

Quote (N5USN @ Nov. 12 2005,10:12)
    I'm happy being a tech.

Of course you are.......

--------------------------

We'll of course I am. Could you PLEASE at least TRY and prove me wrong before claiming to know what's on my mind? Or is it that you are only allowed short statements?

...20 WPM extra......Of course you are!

N5USN

4. NC5S

NC5S Ham Member QRZ Page

You will be proven wrong, and proven a liar,  soon enough along with the rest who say  "I'm happy being a Tech."  or  "I have no interest in HF."

As far as me being a 20wpm extra, meet me on 14.015 anytime and we'll have a nice QSO.

5. N5USN

Quote: You will be proven wrong, and proven a liar

Thank you for being the almighty truth god. You have made me see the light. You can call a person a liar without regard for anything other than making your point. (Which there is none in the above remark) You don't have a CLUE what I'm about. And you hide behind your "neener neener your a liar" expressions. QSO with YOU? Oh please just shoot me. Thanks for being the word of the people.

You make us ALL proud to be beneath you and your outstanding abilities to bang on a key and communicate. Hey.....I can catch a quarter with my toes!! Poor YOU...can't catch a little quarter between your toes. No don't LIE to me and say you don't CARE about catching that quarter fella. We ALL know you want to do it, but are just too STUPID to do it. Of maybe too LAZY! Now get off you butt and go get to your quarter / toe practice. Off with you boy!

N5USN

6. NC5S

NC5S Ham Member QRZ Page

We'll see.

7. KB9PBX

KB9PBX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ok so when I saw this topic I went to great lengths to find my password for QRZ, and now after reading a number of these posts/replies i am sorry to be a HAM. Its one thing to jump on the boards and voice your opinion, but its a whole new thing to get on here and outright throw insults at fellow hams. Everyone has their own opinion and no one opinion is more important then another. Now on to my opinion..

I got my license at the age of 14, and yes i am a NCT, I thoroughly enjoy talking with the local hams on the repeaters and I even have an IRLP node and enjoy that very much as well. I for one would love to get into the HF bands and talk around the world but I have a very difficult time with the code. I'm not for eliminating it all together by any means, but it is a barrier for me. For some reason I just cant grasp the code, even at 5wpm. The technical side is a piece of cake as I get more of a kick out of reading technical manuals then I do fiction books. So yes some reform is in order, as to what and how it should be done that I am not sure on, as no matter what solution is settled on someone will be unhappy with it.

8. WY2U

WY2U Ham Member QRZ Page

Rusty,
    I would never criticize anyone in any license class of Amateur radio who has ambition and motivation for self-betterment.
    It seems like you have been trying to master Morse Code for some time without success.
    Your issue is not unique, perhaps you are going about it incorrectly.

I could offer a suggestion for a web site:

http://www.omnicron.com/~ford/java/NMorse.html

This is an interactive Java based generator/decoder program that offers practice using Farnsworth spaced morse characters (same as VEC exams)

Please give it a try, it has recieved some good testimonials from people like yourself, and let me know how you make out.

It is a free access tutorial.

73 ... de .... WY2U ... Mike

9. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

K.M.A = Keep Morse Alive? LOL!! Thanks for taking my point on the Navy change thing.

10. K4WKM

K4WKM Ham Member QRZ Page

What i have seen on these threads so far is a bunch of snobs that lOOk down on fellow HAMS simply because they did not have to take a CODE test to get into Ham Radio. It wasn't because i wined to the F.C.C. to get it it was offered at that time and i went for it and i also found out that we are labled as NCT's and it won't ever stop and some of you won't ever talk to a NCT on H.F. even if we passed a code test because it is DUMBED DOWN. Wasn't me that wined to the F.C.C. It's there get over it you will live a lot longer go to a Head Shrinker and get on some meds you guy's will have a stroke if you don't calm down and live your life like the rest of us.There is a life other then Ham Radio.So no i don't care if i ever get on H.F.I have seen what is has done.

11. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

You're right, the only person you have to prove something to is yourself. How high are your standards?

12. NC5S

NC5S Ham Member QRZ Page

No KWM, you are absolutely incorrect.

I look down on you because you are a lazy whiner who wants something for nothing. Nothing more, nothing less.

If you are so dis-interested in HF, who do you even have a dog in this fight?

Answer?

See my comment above.

Have a nice day sir.

13. NC5S

NC5S Ham Member QRZ Page

I can't wait to hear the windy diatribe in response to that question.

14. K2EZY

K2EZY Ham Member QRZ Page

Go back and read my post A** hole. Keep my call and my business out of your mouth.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.