ad: elecraft

Icom launch innovative IC-R8600 wideband communication receiver

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Oct 11, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

Icom launch innovative IC-R8600 wideband communication receiver

The IC-R8600 is a new, advanced communication receiver with the capability of covering a huge range of radio spectrum from 10kHz to 3GHz as well as having the ability to decode selected digital signals.

[​IMG]

The IC-R8600 incorporates the latest software demodulation technology incorporated on Icom’s latest HF Amateur radios, providing superior performance and intuitive operation. This advanced technology makes it an ideal tool for communication professionals and organisations that monitor radio stations as well as serious scanning enthusiasts.

The IC-R8600 is able to provide super wideband coverage from 10kHz to 3GHz. It is also able to decode selected digital signals including, D-STAR, NXDN, dPMR and P25. The advanced FPGA processing technology provides clarity and accuracy of received signals. With the optional RS-R8600 remote control software for a Windows PC, received audio and spectrum scope data can be transferred through an IP network for monitoring from remote locations.

The IC-R8600 features a large 4.3-inch colour touch screen display which makes the receiver extremely straightforward to operate. An industry first for desktop wideband receivers, the IC-R8600 provides a high-resolution, real-time spectrum scope with a waterfall screen. The waterfall screen displays weak signals by showing the spectrum change over time. To efficiently acquire intended signals, the IC-R8600 user interface provides quick and accurate operation.

Other features include:

• SD card slot for received log, decode log and voice recording
    • Scanning capacity of up to 100 channels per second in memory scan mode
    • Screen capture function allows you to save screenshot images in PNG or BMP format
    • I/Q signal output for use with future firmware upgrade and third-party SDR software and external decoding.

The IC-R8600 Communications receiver is now available from authorised Icom Amateur Radio dealers. This new receiver has a suggested retail price of £2499.99 inc.VAT.

For further details about this new model visit the IC-R8600 Product page

High-resolution images of this new model can be downloaded from the Icom UK Image Bank

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KK4VRE, VE5RH, K2NCC and 2 others like this.
  2. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

WOW! Now is there anything worth listening to?

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

VE7DXW, AK5B, KK5JY and 4 others like this.
  3. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

Dat's a good question! :D

VE7DXW, KK5JY, NK2U and 1 other person like this.
  4. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

I'm fulla them. It's the answers I'm short of.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

NL7W and AK5B like this.
  5. W0AAT

W0AAT Ham Member QRZ Page

All your for ONLY!!! $2499!!! think I will pass!

W8LGZ, VE7DXW, KK5JY and 2 others like this.
  6. SE3X

SE3X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Who the heck, but some kind of commercial user maybe, would pay that for a receiver?? I'll pass to!

VE7DXW likes this.
  7. N4GKS

N4GKS Ham Member QRZ Page

Doubt it. Maybe 7.200.

8. N4GKS

N4GKS Ham Member QRZ Page

sdr.hu and you don't need to pay a dime.

AB7Q and K2NCC like this.
  9. YO3AOE

YO3AOE Ham Member QRZ Page

și este asa de relativ ieftin fiindca mai mult ca sigur ca este structura s.d.r.,probabil ca o sa-l cumpere mai mult cei de la s.e.t.i. ca sa-i ajute in activitatea lor "cooperativa munca in zadar"-hi!

VA7LDT likes this.
  10. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Ham Member QRZ Page

That was GBP, not USD. At current exchange rates that's $3310.05.

And I'm actually quite impressed that the price isn't much higher. As I was reading the description I was expecting it to be maybe $8k or so.

AD5IN and N2CMH like this.
  11. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Ham Member QRZ Page

A ham with a good bit of money?

Don't get me wrong, I won't be buying one - now. But I could see it if I were just a bit better off than I am, and many are. And if it were 2/3s that price I might be tempted.

12. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

Price notwithstanding, I would be interested if it could do,

1) TRUNKING of P25 or analog VHF Public Service channels.

2) TRANSCEIVE seamlessly integrated as a companion to an IC-7300.

It's within millimeters of being a twin form factor of the latter. Of course if it could conveniently function as a second receive band pass for a 7300, the IC-7610 would be moot.

(As if the 7610 will ever really be for sale on the USA market :rolleyes:)

73 de John - WØPV

WD4IGX and K2NCC like this.
  13. KE0NRE

KE0NRE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

And by using SDR.HU your antenna moves across the pond making it much easier to copy far away stations.

14. W1MDM

W1MDM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

ouch! it hurts my SDRplay... :)

15. N2UHC

N2UHC Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow, nice. Back in the day I lusted after the R-9000. If I had a few spare grand I'd drop it on this.

WD4IGX likes this.