ad: portazero-1

AnyTone AT-D868UV UHF and VHF DMR radio is now here!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KD0PNQ, Jun 22, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KD0PNQ

KD0PNQ Ham Member QRZ Page

The first shipment of the radios is on its way to me. Contact me for more info on availability.

2. K4ISR

K4ISR Ham Member QRZ Page

I recently came across a pre-release version as well. They did increase the contact storage to the 150K range but other than that I have not played with it much due to work.
    I think the only other point of contention for some is these radios have the serial chip (for programming) built in, so while the programming cable LOOKS like the same Kenwood/Baofeng style cable, those other programming cables will not work due to the chip (Prolific/FTDI) in the cord instead of the radios.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  3. K4ISR

K4ISR Ham Member QRZ Page

I have both, I definitely like this AnyTone better, and the programming software for the AnyTone is MUCH easier to use compared to the pain in the rear TYT CPS software.
    Plus there is a massive size difference, the MD-2017 is a monster compared to most other handhelds.

N8JMR likes this.
  4. KD0PNQ

I hope that AnyTone soon will issue all the related software and Programming Guide on their new website so all can have access to it. The Programming Guide definitely helps in understanding how to use the radio with all its features.

5. TA2FN

TA2FN Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi, where did you buy this radio? I can not find it at any sales site.+

I use retevis rt82, trackball is not useful at all.

6. KD0PNQ

I am one of the companies working with AntTone to develop this radio. Yes I have several for sale after a factory firmware update coming next week. The ones I have include GPS and the large 3.3 A battery and sell for $200 shipped with all the software and Programming Guide

7. KD0PNQ

I have been working with AnyTone to develop this radio. We are waiting for 1 more firmware update before selling the radio as it has a small quirk left. Once that has been fixed I can ship them to you - they include GPS and the large battery and ship for $200. Also Include Programming Guide document

8. N8JMR

N8JMR Ham Member QRZ Page

Very nice! Thanks for the update!

9. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

You don't have to as Caller ID will show you the name already, unless it's blocked.

With a digital transport this additional info could be embedded in the payload perhaps, but as it stands now it's nice to see "Mike" on the screen and not have to remember a name. I find it a useful feature.

10. KD0PNQ

Dear AT-D868UV users - or you that may consider this radio,

As I have been working with AnyTone to develop this Analog and Digital DMR UHF and VHF radio D868UV, I have also recognized that a Programming Guide explaining all the features and options may be helpful for us Amateurs wanting the understand everything about their best DMR radio. This document will also be published on the AnyTone website when they add all the D868UV software there - around mid October. Any recommendations for updates and/or clarifications please let me know.

A heads up - AnyTone will release 2 mobile radios similar to their hand-held AT-D868UV. One later this year (25W), and the other next year (50W with removable front).

For you that think this is a clone or copy or junk - I can tell you that I have personally visited AnyTone and seen their facility where they also build other "US" major label radios . They have had 8 engineers designing this radio, and they are very proud of what they have been able to accomplish in such a small compact radio.

Attached Files:

11. ND5Y

ND5Y Ham Member QRZ Page

Which other brands do they build?

12. KD0PNQ

I am sorry - that is company proprietary! But as I have seen it, I can vouch for one of the best production facilities I have seen for radios ( and have seen several).

13. G4SDM

G4SDM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just picked up on this post/thread in the UK.
    My 3-yr-old CS700 is beginning to show it's age so looking for a replacement.
    What's the low-down on getting one/some shipped over.
    Or is there a UK stockist in the pipe-line
    Steve
    G4SDM

14. KD0PNQ

I will be at AnyTone next week and will ask them who sells their radios in the UK.

15. AG0H

AG0H XML Subscriber QRZ Page

True Tone issued a press release in February of this year that the radio would be out in May. Well, I was at Dayton and ready to buy it but it was not to
    be seen. I waited several more months and then bought the TYT MD2017. That radio has turned out to be a very good radio. This radio
    will store 100,00 contacts which is not that important to me. It's been reliable, selling now for a little under $200. I really like
    the ability to switch between DMR on UHF and analog on VHF.