ad: TinyPaddle-1

The (K1T) Special Event Station count down to July 23, 2017

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by N6QIC, Jun 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

We had some bad storms roll through here earlier in VA/MD area. I just checked this thread, hooked up the antenna and saw a spot on 14264 only to hear "K1T going QRT" Bummer!

I threw out my call a couple times and Dave had a bit of trouble pulling me out but conditions finally prevailed. K1T is in the log!

W5BIB and W7UUU like this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

SO cool to me to get the DX-20 that you contributed to the K1T event in the log - I had to send slowly - this box needs new caps and was sagging on key down LOL! But totally Q5 copy from your QRP rig Steve.

BIG thanks my friend

Dave
    W7UUU/K1T

N7ANN and W5BIB like this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

SO AWESOME to work you in my event!!! Very nice - appreciated very much Bill

Vy 73,

Dave
    W7UUU/K1T

N7ANN likes this.
  4. W7UUU

Well, tonight was very lackluster - nothing like last night. I did get a few contacts on 10m but nothing like the 143 contacts last night on 20m before the band shut down.

But nice to see my CW effort made it nicely into the DX Maps view :)

Dave
    W7UUU

upload_2017-8-4_21-37-32.png

N7ANN and W5BIB like this.
  5. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I saw you spotted on 14.245 around 11pm my time,but there was nothing to be heard

6. W7UUU

Conditions were miserable yesterday/last night - although 20 stayed viable until 05:00-ish (UTC). LOTS of "one way propagation". Thursday night was to-date the only good propagation day/night of K1T!! I got 143 contacts in the log that night, CW and SSB. Last night? 28!!

Today is the last day - been a fun event albeit very disappointing to prepare for almost two years only to have the propagation gods frown as they have.

K1T runs until 23:59 UTC today - I'll be hitting the shack shortly for a last push to get folks in the log.

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
  7. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

QRZ Logbook currently (pun intended) has 555 contacts (another pun intended). :D

8. K9ASE

I'll keep watching the spotters for you

9. W7UUU

14.264 - calling now, no takers - not much heard on 20m here though

Dave
    W7UUU/K1T

N7ANN likes this.
  10. W7UUU

Taking a 30 minute break to see if things improve when I get back.

Really weird propagation - I'll work one station (OK, NC, etc.) and we're 59+ each way, neither of us with "super stations" - just normal 100W setups, with a Yagi at 47 feet here, other guy on a dipole. And then other stations in 4-land or 5-land I can barely hear in the noise (which is very light). It's frustrating!! I fell bad for all the folks trying to work K1T that I just barely make out but not enough to call it a contact.

Ugh.

I'll be back for another SSB stint at 22:00 Z and a if things hold, I'll end K1T staying on SSB for the final two hours.

Dave
    W7UUU/K1T

N7ANN likes this.
  11. K9ASE

I was doing my prep for dinner. 2200 I'll probably be serving it. But,hey I can sneak away it's not a holiday :)

12. W7UUU

So how about I just call you at 2200? (directly). This is not a contest and schedules are totally fine by me.

Or another time - now? in 15 minutes? You name it.... I'm here :)

Dave
    W7UUU

@K9ASE

N7ANN likes this.
  13. K9ASE

15 min sounds good I'm at 14.264 now

14. W7UUU

Will call you right now!!!

N7ANN likes this.
  15. W7UUU

Glad to get you in the log Tom!!!

Dave
    W7UUU/K1T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.