ad: QSLWorks-1

CHA URT - Universal Remote Tuner from Chameleon Antenna

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KI6TRA, Jul 30, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KI6TRA

KI6TRA Ham Member QRZ Page

CHA URT - Universal Remote Tuner from Chameleon Antenna

This is a prototype but it's fully functional. A little more work is needed to get the final product. It's compatible with the CHA F-LOOP, CHA F-LOOP 2.0, CHA P-LOOP, CHA P-LOOP 2.0, home brewed loops and most commercial portable magnetic loops!

No price yet because we're still refining the design!

Coming Soon!

Follow us on Facebook for more info!
    https://www.facebook.com/ChameleonAnt...

http://chameleonantenna.com/

N3DAW, K1XS and W5KV like this.
  2. K3SSB

K3SSB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Very cool... I'm interested... would be a nice addition to my mag loop. I hope that the acquisition cost isn't too steep.

3. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm guessing $300-400.

4. KM4CQG

KM4CQG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Clever yes but it looks like anyone of us can come up with this type of device.

Certainly a person of your production facilities can produce a better product then this.

Ian
    KM4CQG

5. KJ6TTR

KJ6TTR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Mr. Negative has crashed the thread. Hey, Ian, if you think anyone can produce a better product, then why don't you do it. Start a side business, compete against Chameleon, and provide us with that better product. I teach my kids: if you are going to bad mouth something, do something to make it better.

KY9I and KI6TRA like this.
  6. KM4CQG

KM4CQG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I am a consumer and while I could develop a prototype I wouldn't debate it with you on here its not the right format.

I saw your JMI product and personally knew Jim working with him on several Crawford focuser and digital readouts.

You published it on here and wanted opinions well now you have mine.

Ian

KB5CUS and AK5B like this.
  7. WD4CNO

WD4CNO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ian,
    Thanks for that idea.
    I can use my power focuser from my old Meade telescope to remotely control the cap. on my shunt fed tower.

8. K7LOL

K7LOL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Consumer Ian. I have developed a way to implement a full wave interociter that is far superior. Jim and Marlin both worked on this Omaha prototype.

9. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Hopefully a plastic coupler between the stepper and the other shaft -- otherwise things might go poof when you key up.

10. KI6TRA

No actually! It's going to be something under $200. We're aiming at something around $150.00.
    But once again it's not Chinese junk!

- C

11. KI6TRA

Yes, we're using a piece of Delrin for that exact reason.

- C

12. KI6TRA

No it shouldn't be costly at all. We're currently making two more prototypes with minor adjustments and they'll be sent half-way across the word for heavy field testing.
    We want to make sure they'll work in any conditions!

- C

13. KI6TRA

In fact, if someone is the owner of a Chameleon Antenna magnetic loop like the CHA F-LOOP (Plus), CHA F-LOOP 2.o (Plus), CHA P-LOOP, CHA P-LOOP 2.0 we might need some testers soon.

- C

KM4OOD likes this.
  14. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Ouch.

Pre-product is not product. Give the guy a break.

15. KM4OOD

KM4OOD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I believe that the only thing that looks out of place, in my opinion, is the Clamping system. Get that redesigned and you got a customer. ;)

73's