ad: CQMM-1

The (K1T) Special Event Station count down to July 23, 2017

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by N6QIC, Jun 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. AF7XT

AF7XT Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah , saw , heard ya. but I got mine so letting the others in . Rough is not the word. Did you like, piss off the deity of the week or something ?

Dennis AF7XT

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Yeah, well... I must have pissed off someone

Geez - two years in the planning and restoration of all these rigs... at 336 logged in a WEEK? :eek:

Dave
    W7UUU/K1T

N7ANN likes this.
  3. AD5HR

AD5HR Ham Member QRZ Page

Dave,
    Pro

4. W6NYA

W6NYA Ham Member QRZ Page

I heard you calling CQ in So Cal yesterday on 20 but QSB was REALLY bad and your signal was really distorted from it. --Fortunately I worked you earlier last week. Hang in there. It cant get worse, it can only get better!!!

W7UUU likes this.
  5. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Last night was super promising - I had a number of good ol'fashioned pileups on both CW and SSB. Signals were distant and strong, and most importantly the QSB was not as fierce as it's been. Hoping this week continues the trend for the last week of K1T to get as many into the log that I know want to be there.

Dave
    W7UUU/K1T

N7ANN, AF7XT, N2EY and 1 other person like this.
  6. W6NYA

W6NYA Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, I noticed 40 was more open last night for sure--I usually don't get the east coast with my setup on 40 in the early evening but managed 5-9 two way to Virginia--there is hope! :)

W7UUU likes this.
  7. W7UUU

Here is the K1T Certificate - just had the shop print a test version - it's beautiful on paper!! Being printed on 10-Point Cover Stock, and mailed in 9x12 manilla envelope with 8.5x11" backing card stock.

Dave
    W7UUU/K1T

Certificate K1T.png

W6NYA, W9JEF, N7ANN and 8 others like this.
  8. W7UUU

Due to some CW strong signal opportunities, I've had to "flip flop" my SSB vs CW time - I am now moving to SSB just after 0300 UTC - one more try at 14.261 in just a few

Dave
    W7UUU/K1T

N7ANN likes this.
  9. W9JEF

W9JEF QRZ Lifetime Member #571 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Dave???

10. W9JEF

Anyone worked or heard Dave lately?

His last K1T self-spot was on 14.236 @ 00:17 z.

11. W7UUU

Alas, life intervenes once in a while :) I couldn't get on at all today due to meetings and biz travel, training a new employee, etc. And tonight was the board meeting of Radio Club of Tacoma, which I'm da Prez so couldn't miss. I just got home (04:00Z) and I'm too pooped and talked out from presiding over a very busy meeting to get on and call.

So tomorrow - back in business after some meetings - mostly like on the air 23:00 UTC, 14.265 where I usually start and will "self-spot".

Thanks for the concern Jim :)

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN and WA7PRC like this.
  12. W9JEF

Glad to hear you're okay, Dave. Tried to fire up the HW-100, but had dismal results. Hope to have at least one more K1T QSO. :cool:

WA7PRC likes this.
  13. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

"Dave's not here!" :p:rolleyes:

W5BIB and K9ASE like this.
  14. W9JEF

:eek:

WA7PRC likes this.
  15. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Just worked Dave on 14058 @ 0148-0154z. He was using the DX-20 !!
    He went back to 20m SSB @ 0200z

Steve / W5BIB

W9JEF and W7UUU like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.