ad: CQMM-1

The (K1T) Special Event Station count down to July 23, 2017

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by N6QIC, Jun 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

RR wl lsn 7114 @ 0500z

W7UUU likes this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Called and called and called :(

Dave
    W7UUU/K1T

N7ANN likes this.
  3. W5BIB

me too !!! I got spotted on reversebeacon.net by W4KNN (14db) & VE6JY (12db) on 7114.2 khz. Not meant to be tonight !! :( cul Dave. tnx
    dit dit

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  4. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Same here Steve - we'll make it work. Just not right now. My RBN spotter was obviously closer but we gave it a shot

upload_2017-7-28_22-28-35.png

Dave
    W7UUU/K1T

N7ANN likes this.
  5. W5BIB

6. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I saw your spot around 10pm. I listened for awhile but could barely hear you :(

7. W7UUU

I barely hear anyone!! Even working WA6MHZ on CW was a chore - both of us with beams aimed right at each other only 1200 miles apart, and he was running a KW, and we could still barely copy each other.

Heck - I'm only at 300 contacts in the log :( I've done 500+ in just a weekend QSO party. I just can only barely hear anyone, or they're 20 over 9. There's no in between. And the 20 over 9 stations are random and rare.

But I'll still keep plugging along - K1T runs a full week longer - until 5:00 PM Local PDT a week from today

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN, W5BIB and K9ASE like this.
  8. W9JEF

W9JEF QRZ Lifetime Member #571 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

9. W9JEF

Okay, will listen on 14.051

10. W9JEF

Good to work u agn, Dave. Bryan,WA7PRC was calling u, but u came back to someone else.

11. W7UUU

You BLEW MY EARS OFF with that new Vee Jim!!! OUCH!!

Dave
    W7UUU/K1T

N7ANN and W9JEF like this.
  12. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

It's cuz we're so close... about 50 miles. 10m would likely work better. I have that band covered w/ 3 el at 72' AGL, and a Cushcrafty AR10 ver-tickle at 83' AGL.

It's funny that we can't work each other on 20m but, last night, I had a roundtable on 40m w/ two stations in Mariana Islands (Guam & Saipan). They were LOUD and said I was too. Maybe having yagis helped a bit. ;)
    I called right after Jim signed. He was indeed loud. :)

W9JEF likes this.
  13. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Saw you spotted tonight and heard a couple of guys calling you Dave, first one and then the other. Then they gave up and just started talking to each other. Not sure if you were in there somewhere since they are in NC and WV, I think, so much closer to me. They went on about how they call & call and they can't hear you, and just decided to hang out and chit-chat on the same frequency. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  14. W9JEF

Thanks, Dave. The vee is the NW and SW legs of the 80 meter turnstile. The first time was on the half-wave inverted L, hanging off the NW leg. Running about 450 watts.

15. W7UUU

Yeah, well... guess how I feel :(

This very rig and very beam just 2 short weeks ago worked the WORLD.... for the last year actually. Then that stupid solar event thingy hit and BAM.

333 QSOs in the log - that's it so far. I've never worked so hard to pull out so many 339 and 3x3 signals ever - it's QSO after QSO. Just a couple of weeks ago tonight, I yakked on 20m SSB with a ZL for almost half an hour, "arm chair copy".

Sigh. But I just keep on keeping on. I have almost a full week more to go, and by God I want to at least hit 1000 QSOs during this event.

Just really disheartening, after two years in planning :(

PS - Even hour UTC, now on 7.2225 LSB (LOTS of static crashes but overall noise is only S4 or so....)

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.