ad: QuirkyQRP-1

75 Watt Dual Band Mobile Radio Test/Review Luiton LT-598uv

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KJ4YZI, Jul 14, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KJ4YZI

KJ4YZI Ham Member QRZ Page

Checking out the Luiton LT-598UV 75 watt dual band mobile, Purchased through Amazon. Link is in the description of the video. This video comes by request, which I do not do often.

Subscribe to HamRadioConcepts HERE!! ----->> https://www.youtube.com/user/EricHofer1004

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    JZ11PWS likes this.
  2. N4DME

N4DME Ham Member QRZ Page

i would love to know how the hell do you program these radio s ? chirp does not work with it

KV4BL likes this.
  3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

You do not need a computer to program them.

Chirp has us all spoiled. o_O

4. KD5OM

KD5OM Premium Subscriber

In my day we programmed our radios with quartz crystals.

KE4NPQ, W7XLR, K1FBI and 3 others like this.
  5. IT9EYV

IT9EYV Ham Member QRZ Page

I have this radio. Very little nice but give not 75 watt only 25w. I connected it with my pc for configuration in few minutes I filled all memory channel.

JZ11PWS likes this.
  6. IT9EYV

[​IMG] sorry i thougt this one was a qyt kt 8900d. My radio is qyt kt 8900d

7. W4DJS

W4DJS Ham Member QRZ Page

It looks like a winner with the data plug flush mounted on the front. I bought the QYT KT-7900D and had a problem programing, it was plug I was using was to fat for the hole in the back. It would talk to the radio but not put it into programing mode. I cut back 3/8'' of the m0lded plastic, it now goes all the way in and Chirp works great. If the computer does not recognize your cable roll back the driver, Google it for the right one.
    WA4DJS

NU4R likes this.
  8. K3LI

K3LI Ham Member QRZ Page

9. K1FBI

K1FBI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

"Not too long by request"
    You should keep them short more often.

10. N9BMV

N9BMV Ham Member QRZ Page

this looks like its also basically a qyt KT-UV980 plus.. i wonder if it would perform similarly

11. IT9EYV

I USE THE PROGRAM " UV4BAND_E_CPS" . YOU CAN DOWLOAD IT FROM QYT WEB SITE IT IS FREE

12. KD9VV

KD9VV Ham Member QRZ Page

Unless you had the squelch very loose; that has to be one of the worst squelch tails I've heard in a while.
    Simplex with friends, DPL is the way to go; almost as good as reverse burst.

13. KJ4YZI

KJ4YZI Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually i meant "A short video, on a topic by request"

14. KM4BDH

KM4BDH Ham Member QRZ Page

Lol.

15. AI1B

AI1B Ham Member QRZ Page

Chirp works fine for programming the Luiton, Baofeng, QYT radios. You do have to download the latest Chirp build, and use the proper programming cable.
    But I've set up several of these radios, and programming is a breeze. And, they work great, no complaints.