ad: MyersEng-1

New Digital SWR/Power Meter from MFJ

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KJ4YZI, Jul 14, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KJ4YZI

KJ4YZI Ham Member QRZ Page

I decided to buy this meter so it will show up better in videos with power tests without having to zoom in on the cross needle i have. Just a very short basic video showing you what it is.

Subscribe to HamRadioConcepts HERE!!! ----> https://www.youtube.com/user/EricHofer1004

Attached Files:

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

That was nice.

I wonder why the new meter does not not read peak power, Or does it ?

3. KI4YZN

KI4YZN Ham Member QRZ Page

Wonder how much it cost $$$$$

N4APK likes this.
  4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

A lot if it works out of the box. Made in China I do believe. But that is fine if it works.

5. KD4BEE

KD4BEE Ham Member QRZ Page

$170

6. WO2E

WO2E Ham Member QRZ Page

does MFJ still has the same reputation it had years ago? i have not bought an MFJ product in a longtime.

7. AA7EJ

AA7EJ Ham Member QRZ Page

????? upload_2017-7-15_7-32-25.png

8. WB4M

WB4M Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yup, same reputation.

9. KJ4YZI

KJ4YZI Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't understand the joke LOL

10. AD5TD

AD5TD Ham Member QRZ Page

If it would only do 2K watts..... I'll keep my Autek WM1, it has served me well for years.

AD5TD

W4HM and W0AAT like this.
  11. KA0GKT

KA0GKT Ham Member QRZ Page

I think I'll keep my old Waters 369A Reflectometer.

12. W6LDX

W6LDX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Fast product review. Zero your reflected needle on your cross needle meter it is the little pot on the left of the meter face.
    Can you do a VHF/UHF review too please? Also try the PEP hold on the cross needle meter and then see if a SSB signal on the digital will equal the cross needle reading by multiplying the digital reading by 1.414, that would hopefully put the PEP in the ball park. in other words, RMS = PEP x 0.707, or PEP = RMS x 1.414. RMS is usually about 70% of PEP which is best measured on an oscilloscope. Basically, it don't mean s*** to a tree and we are not in a lab last time I checked. Keep up the good work.
    Thanks for your efforts.
    Thomas - W6LDX

13. W4HM

W4HM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

In my personal experience you can't buy a more accurate SWR/power meter than the Autek WM1, other than the Bird 43 but they are very close. To bad though that the WM 1 is longer made.

14. W0KGB

W0KGB Ham Member QRZ Page

Has anyone tested the accuracy and linearity and reproducability of these measurements?

Any meter will give a reading, but how does it compare a know accurate meter?