ad: portazero-1

Marshall Island and Amelia Earhart's SOS transmissions-sending again

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K1YTG, Dec 10, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

SO Greg....

Have you wiped that egg of your face yet?

Thank God there's AT LEAST one in every crowd, it would seem...

Still waiting for your apology for making this a personal issue rather than objective skepticism based on fact--or lack of same.

2. AC0OB

AC0OB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Merry Christmas to All and to All a great New Year.

73 and going QRT.

See you next year and have fun with your families.

Phil
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    AC0OB - A Place where Thermionic Emitters Rule!
    Boat anchor junkie and fan of SGM. [​IMG]

3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Best to you and your family Phil:)

Chip W1YW

4. W2MYA

W2MYA Ham Member QRZ Page

Dr Chip:I was of course referring to the experiment written about here on QRZ.COM regarding the transmission of signals
    on emilia Earhardt's xmtr in her aircraft.this apparently was being done to see if someone was able to copy them.This was what I
    referred to as"THE EXPERIMENT" which it certainly would be.Whether or not this experiment came off I have no knowledge
    of,apparently it did not.I had no time to pursue it from my end.
    If indeed someone wanted to make an attempt to try and discover where her plane could be,it was my thinking that it would be
    a very worthy project that's all. And of course I commented to this manner. Please have a most happy,healthy New Year Chip.

Vy 73, Respectfully, Greg-W2MYA Pax vobiscum

5. AD4XV

AD4XV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well I just watch the special on the History Channel that these gentlemen were involved in. Very good stuff.

N3YUG
    Jason

6. K4KWH

K4KWH Ham Member QRZ Page

I skipped over 39 pages of this, so if I repeat anything pse overlook. Its all over the History Channel that photos have been found of Amelia(?) on (I forget which island)........................, sitting on a dock facing away from the camera. It even showed a prison where she and Fred Noonan were imprisoned (?) by the Japanese. Allegedly the pair were charged with espionage and executed--which I find curious because in 1937 we were not at war with Japan. Their flight was well-publicized, their intended path known. With these facts of what would be considered a groundbreaking and historic flight, why would the Japanese consider them a threat?:confused: Actual hostilities began around 1940-41 when America protested Japan's invasions and restricted their access to oil and resources. All of this, of course, is speculation and the facts are not yet in. It is speculated that they actually landed and that the airplane was completely intact. Again, why would Amelia NOT fear to land in the islands because the Japanese weren't considered an enemy, and she would fully have expected that they would have refueled her and sent her and Fred on their way. Once landed, and realizing they may have made a mistake, could they have sent covert signals hoping to be rescued? Maybe they got caught?o_O

Eyewitnesses have testified(?) in interviews that they saw the aircraft being taken away via ship where it was dismantled. Why? Its all very curious under the time and circumstances. Had it been 1939 or '40, it would've made more sense. If nations, individuals, armies, historians know what happened to her, why have they covered it up?

Regardless, I would like to know what happened to them, "illegality" notwithstanding! :confused: If it leads to the facts of her disappearance, the heck with the nit-picking!;)

7. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

There might have been some actual facts in the History Channel presentation, but in typical HC fashion, I'm also sure there was a ton of 'junk science'. I missed the beginning, coming in at the tail end of the 'radio experiment' part, and watched the rest.

8. K4KWH

K4KWH Ham Member QRZ Page

Hoping that none of these theories turns into a contest over who actually finds the truth, I am waiting for someone to truly lead us to the facts concerning her disappearance. I don't CARE if someone gets some kind of gain from it if they learn what happened. Did Robert Ballard "gain" from locating the Titanic? Bootlegging (?) an FCC call is, IMHO, a separate issue and has nothing to do with the facts of what happened to her.

9. N3HGB

N3HGB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

FYI the photo was taken in *1935* and is NOT Ms. Earhart, who was elsewhere at the time.

10. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

OH? Proof of 1935 please?

11. AK1M

AK1M Ham Member QRZ Page

12. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

As good as; " I read it on Wikipedia " ! ;)

13. AK1M

AK1M Ham Member QRZ Page

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  14. N3HGB

N3HGB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

15. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

Unless other evidence is produced, it seems highly likely that NBC and others are making a mistake interpreting the info of this book. Go look at the images of it on the link provided above.

It's allegedly a personal travelogue, ie, an album. You can see it is loosely bound, like a 2-ring binder, so pages could be added to it. The date, not printed but circular rubber-stamped in INK, seen on page 5 (NOT a title page) to which everyone is referring is likely NOT a "publishing" date but instead simply indicates the start of the log book. NOT the end date of all records contained within it. The photo on page 99 allegedly showing Noonan and Earhart is waaaay in the back of the book, ie, maybe two years later (?)

73 de John - WØPV

WR2E likes this.