ad: HamHats-1

Florida Repeater Council members reject corruption.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W9CR, Jul 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

So, at least the lawyers know who to contact to sue the FRC for defamation....this public announcement has tried these people without due process!

KX0DW likes this.
  2. W4KVW

W4KVW Ham Member QRZ Page

So many repeater pairs have been tied up for years by the Special friends of these clowns.No repeaters have been used on so many of these tied up pairs because the elite had them assigned to so many who have never even used them but they allowed them too remain assigned knowing they have not & may never be used by the thugs that supported these clowns.I don't know of any VHF frequency pairs available within the 2 meter band & there for sure are not that many repeaters in use & have not been.Bottom feeding power hungry scum will do their best too dictate given half a chance & here is proof of just that.It has not been a secret but under yhe prior dictatorship the rules were changed to protect the Guilty which was the so called leaders.

Clayton
    W4KVW

KF4KUL, K4XJ and AD0JA like this.
  3. N3NAI

N3NAI Ham Member QRZ Page

4. N3NAI

N3NAI Ham Member QRZ Page

how is it petty members paid to join and voted to give a board responsibility of coordinating? only to have them say all members are no longer memvers and we will do what we want untill death as the members have no say in the org any longer? for almost a year repeater coordinations been in limbo. even board directors could get little info.to answer questions for their district\
    also reported this group refused to send data for current repeater directory publication

5. W2JLD

W2JLD Ham Member QRZ Page

I guess it goes to show that give some hams a little authority and it goes right to their head.................how can we police ourselves when the people who run things have too much power......whether it has to do with repeaters in your area or even on voip modes.

Some hams think they are god and run things,only because they have been doing it for so long that no one challenges their position.

im so tired of hearing people say well its my repeater and ill do with it as I see fit and if you dont like it move on or dont come to our repeater.

you all act like a bunch of grown up spoiled little boys.

the above article clearly demonstrates that once people get into a power position it goes right to their head................its to bad the FRC had to go to those extremes to go out those extremist people out of there.

NN6EE, K4XJ, KB3ZYN and 1 other person like this.
  6. W2JLD

W2JLD Ham Member QRZ Page

GIVE PEOPLE AN INCH THEY WILL TAKE A MILE!!!

K4XJ likes this.
  7. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Actually this is not an isolated case, most coordination groups are great but there are several areas throughout the country that had a proven to be just as bad as a Florida Council, fortunately where I have repeaters coordinated does not fall in that category. I know people and groups that have tried for years to get certain systems coordinated properly.

AD0JA, KB3ZYN and KK3Q like this.
  8. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Here in SoCal, it is much the same. Unless you KNOW someone, You Ain't getting a repeater pair!!! ON ANY BAND!!!

AD0JA and KB3ZYN like this.
  9. K4ECD

K4ECD Ham Member QRZ Page

Very well documented. Kudos to Bryan Fields W9CR.

This coordinated, documented take down of a board that is not serving it's members - serves well for ANY organization.

Summary of violations
    • Violation of the coordination policy by the directors
    • Willful violation of the bylaws by the directors
    • Willful violations of FS 617 regarding members request for information
    • Publicly stating the policy of the FRC is “is unable to search for available frequencies”, when this is the FCC definition of a frequency coordinator.
    • When they do suggest frequencies, there active repeaters on them, some even coordinated well under the radius.
    • Inventing new coordination polices on the fly without approval of the board.
    • The board is only accountable to itself and believes members seeking reform are “outsiders”
    • “Working” on business for years, tabling proposals from one meeting to the next.
    • Engaging in Pay-for-Play with massive “donations” followed by immediate coordination.

Summary:
    Document everything, transparency can lead to positive change.

Very well done.

KF4KUL, K4XJ, AD0JA and 2 others like this.
  10. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

So far, we've really only seen one side of the story. I wonder what the ousted would say? Any of them here to defend themselves?

11. K5GHS

K5GHS Ham Member QRZ Page

Thankfully there are laws that require the ability of membership (usually paying but as defined in the bylaws) to do such things. This protects against the same kind of actions that you see here. If not, it would be easy for this to happen in many places. It also happens in the corporate world when shareholders are no longer confident in the leadership as it stands.

Hopefully the new group can "right the ship" and right the wrongs that happened and rebuild goodwill for the organization.

And yes, we have only seen one side of the story, but if you're calling a special session of membership and ousting a board, and presenting reasons to do so in a very formal and legal manner as defined by Florida law (in this case) I'm guessing whatever it was justified the actions taken.

K4XJ, W4HM and KB3ZYN like this.
  12. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

OK, so where is the evidence that details this "summary"?

If there is "documented", it isnt on QRzed

I can list bullet points as well as the next guy, too.

But what are the facts in this case?

K2NCC likes this.
  13. N4BOZ

N4BOZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The real question is, are they gonna continue to do what they want or will they turn over the FRC assets so you guys can get moving forward? (ie: bank acct, database, files)

14. K4ECD

K4ECD Ham Member QRZ Page

VERY DETAILED BLOG: http://frcreform.org

1. The facts are a Board cannot exist without membership. That was in the by-laws.
    2. The membership elects the board, not the other way around.
    3. The motions went UNCONTESTED - based on the bylaws to evict the Board.

Digest the democratic process: IF THE members deem the Board unfit and it goes to a motion UNCONTESTED - then the motion will carry.

very simple: The Board serves the members and are appointed AND/OR removed by vote.

KF4KUL, K4XJ, N7EO and 1 other person like this.
  15. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I see a lawsuit in the making.

I am very disappointed that these radio amateurs have been maliciously characterized, without facts presented here. Removal is not the same as cause. There is no evidence of fact that has been shown here to justify cause--yet we are led to believe that these people are evil incarnate.

Shame!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.