ad: MyersEng-1

Looking to borrow Amplifier

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KE4TA, Apr 27, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KE4TA

KE4TA Ham Member QRZ Page

I am scheduled for a two year assignment to Rwanda starting next month. Previously Skip, W1YW had agreed to loan me an amplifier, up to telling me it would be shipped the following Tuesday. It now appears he was pulling my leg the entire time.

Anyone happen to have an amplifier that will work on 240v and would be willing to loan me for a few years?

Alan, KE4TA

2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Read your return pm. And not only get the circumstance correct but my name right.....

Sheessh!

You want the amp or not?

3. KE4TA

As I quote from your email dated 24 Feb 2017, "Amp checked out; suggest you use FIRST here in US; also suggest you bring a variac with you if the current /voltage changes.... "

forget it, it took posting a thread and direct messaging you via QRZ vs your email to get any kind of response out of you, why would I think you would deliver on your promise now? I am disappointed. I had hoped, as your "QRO club" had promised, that you would "help out the little guys" (all quotes are taken from your own postings to this forum).

I had other options, up to and including buying my own, but you promised to help out. If one failed, I was under the impression you had a "closet full of amplifiers." So, in closing, thanks for offering, I'm running 100W, and if you can't hear me, sorry.

KE4TA

4. KE4TA

As for the name, my bad.

5. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

You are a disgruntled person who is ungrateful and blames someine else for your inability to process the facts.

I am in yosemite, i answeed your pm when i received it, explained it was broken --dropped-- in oackaging, told you it was fixed lasr week, offered to ship when ireturn in friday, and now...

Now?

Its all my fault.

Nonsense. Go troll domeone else.

6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I will never work you. Wont waste dits and dahs on you.

Ingrate, IMO

7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Explain how you expect anyone to deliver an amp to you by Friday.

8. KE4TA

So, let me see how I'm ungrateful... You promised to loan an amplifier, claiming you had a closet full of them and were willing to loan, this conversation started in August 2016. You had more than enough time to check out an amplifier, and let me know how much postage would be. You told me the amplifier checked out on Feb 24th, and I received a second email from you on March 2nd stating the amp ships Tuesday. I sent you follow up emails on March 12th, March 25th, and April 23rd asking if there was a problem with the amplifier, to which I received no reply. You made a promise, and not only failed to deliver on that promise, but failed to communicate with me to let me know I should look to other sources.

As for disgruntled, yeah, kinda pisses me off when people break promises.

Don't worry about working me either, I doubt you'd make it thru the pileup.

As for how 'anyone' could deliver an amp by Friday, well, hmm.... FedEx, UPS, DHL all have these trucks and planes. Miracle how they work.

Maybe you should change your nickname from the Source to Out of Stock.

9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

You dont want an amp.

You want an excuse.

Not me.

I am not your whipping boy.

10. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I am traveling.

Notice your pm and this OP thread say nothing about ...oh z I need a free amp before Friday. Spend $250 on 2 day shipping.

You just want to be pissed ar me--and there is no reason for it.

You are an ingrate and my offer is withdrawn.

11. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Ham Member QRZ Page

Come on guys. Just shake hands and move on with life. Is this amp worth the grief it is bringing both of you?
    school_fight.jpg

K2HAT likes this.
  12. KE4TA

Yup, I asked you for an amplifier almost a year ago, then you decided to go dead on communications until I hounded you here.

13. KE4TA

Your 'PM' was the first I've heard from you since early March. I have every right to be pissed at you, you made a promise, you didn't keep that promise. The 'withdrawn offer' well, what were you offering, thin air?

Cheers and enjoy your vacation,

14. KE4TA

So Chip, I amazingly was able to purchase an amplifier, and thru the vagaries of the interwebs and shipping companies, I was able to get it here in two days for 58$.... But whats your next excuse as to why you couldn't get the amplifier here? I'm keeping a running tally.

1. Someone dropped it.
    2. It would cost too much.
    3. I'm butthurt because I couldn't deliver on a promise in less than 8 months.

15. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I would just leave it alone at this point.

You have what you need.

Don't worry be happy. :)

WF4W and KE4TA like this.