ad: Radclub22-1

The Ham Nation Pine Board Project

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K9EID/SK2024, Mar 8, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. N3HEE

N3HEE Ham Member QRZ Page

You're a wildman Don ! ;)

AF6LJ likes this.
  2. VE3LYX

VE3LYX Ham Member QRZ Page

You might be right. I run stuff like this daily. ;>)
    donVE3LYX monster hartley..jpg

AF6LJ likes this.
  3. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I like that, very cool.

4. VE3LYX

I just fired mine up on 7050 and tested it on CW. I didn't have any 12au7 s so I used a 12bh7. Power out is reasonable . Better then I thought it would be. Now to find a mic. I hope I built the right rig! Mine is on Red Cedar (BBQ planks) because I am a bit of a redneck I guess.
    donVe3LYX

5. VE3LYX

Today I got the modulator working. Mod % is a bit low but that is probably something I did wrong as I can get too much gain in the second stage of the Audio amp so I must not have enough in front of that. However it works so hopefully I can get there from here. Has enuf power with the 12bh7 but I ordered the proper 12au7 tube anyway cause I wanna know.
    donVE3LYX

AF6LJ likes this.
  6. VE3LYX

I have it working now. No one nearby to talk to but it appears to be ok. Now I will see how many errors I made. Or even if I built the right circuit. Whatever I am still very interested. Can't wait for tonites video.

7. KA7FTP

KA7FTP Ham Member QRZ Page

As per Bobs instructions on this weeks video I called International Crystal to order crystals. They are no longer selling crystals, will not take an order.

Does anyone recommend a source for the crystals Bob specified?

HA 25C 8pf 3-10.99 Mhz

3.885Mhz
    7.290Mhz

8. VE3LYX

I use AF4K Bry Carling in Florida. He has originals FT 243 style or new smaller ones in the vintage cases. He is one of the prime movers in the Novice Rig Roundup event (NRR) and is a very active ham op mostly in CW usually around 7120khz. I have bought many rocks from him over the years.

9. VE3LYX

10. VE3LYX

BTW those are only suggest freqs or traditional AM window. I am using 7145 approx as it is relatively quiet and I have the rock in stock. I would rather edit my old post then add but dont have that option now with this old post so sori.
    don

11. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Might be time to call in the Soldersmoke guys and find out if they have some plans to graft a DDS oscillator onto a tube rig.

12. VE3LYX

U could. I just read the number on the crystal. Seems to work reasonably well.

13. KD8YQC

KD8YQC Ham Member QRZ Page

He shows 14 different kinds of crystals on that web page. Which is the right type to get? An email to the company owner returned nothing.

14. KD8YQC

KD8YQC Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually, please don't answer my question here. Amateur Radio News is the wrong place. I started a new thread in the Homebrew and Kit Projects forum, which is the appropriate place for technical discussions on this project.

15. VE3LYX

Looking forward to tonight's episode. Hope everyone is still soldering.