ad: elecraft

Ham Talk Live! Episode 50 - Joe Goes to Xenia - A Sneak Peak at Hamvention's New Home with K0NEB

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB9VPG, Feb 1, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thursday night at 9 pm Eastern time on Ham Talk Live!, we're gearing up for the Dayton Hamvention! Joe Eisenberg, K0NEB, will be here to tell us about his recent trip to Xenia, OH and the Greene County Fairgrounds, which is the new home of Hamvention. We will take your calls LIVE as Joe tells us some of the early details of how the planning is coming along for Hamvention in a new location. Plus, it wouldn't be a show with Joe if we didn't talk at least a little about kit building. Joe will share with us some information about some new kits like the Bayou Jumper.

So tune in LIVE to the show by going to hamtalklive.com, and once the live show appears just hit the PLAY button. And join the conversation during the show by calling 812-NET-HAM-1 (812-638-4261) or by Skype at hamtalklive. Or, you can tweet us @hamtalklive.

If you miss the live show, Ham Talk Live! is available 24/7 on demand at hamtalklive.com and most podcasting services.

d07268.jpg hamvention-group.jpg photos.medleyphoto.10791071.jpg

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    K9PLG and WD9GCO like this.
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow! You got both the 'hat guy' and the 'hat gal'!

Joe is usually the one TAKING the pictures:)

The 'hat gal' is a very nice person and obviously creative:KB3OQV (Kristen). That's actually her HAIR up there...not a hat!:) I will post a more recent photo in a second...2016 Dayton.

:)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    WB9VPG likes this.
  3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

IMG_1726a.jpg

W3GJD, WC3P, KF4ZKU and 3 others like this.
  4. WB9VPG

Yep! Both great people!

5. NN1C

NN1C XML Subscriber QRZ Page

WB9VPG likes this.
  6. NI9Y

NI9Y XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I used to have that much hair.....

WC3P likes this.
  7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Dan--

You were a hippie:)?

Chip W1YW

8. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

I am still waiting for the maps of the Flea Market, showing the Size of the spaces, and the Online Fleamarket Registration.

I have prepaid, not just booked, but prepaid for 3 Hotel rooms for 4 nights, and am sorry that I did this in advance.

9. WB9VPG

Yeah, I heard there's a software issue they are having with the registration. It should be coming soon. With all the re-planning, things are running behind.

10. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Joe's been costing me a lot of money lately....every time he describes one of his QRP projects, I'm compelled to go out and build one myself. :)

W1YW likes this.
  11. WB9VPG

He has that effect on people!

12. K0MD

K0MD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I really enjoyed this episode. It was the most factual update yet on the new Dayton Hamvention facility. It was pure information and no spin. What I mean is this: Joe talked about the very nice facilities for the forums - most of the rooms are separate rooms with air conditioning and more space. This will be a great improvement over the hot, crowded rooms of Hara. He also reported that the indoor buildings for the vendors appears to be much smaller in footprint than Dayton's Hara. This observation is consistent with an independent analysis of the fairgrounds using google earth. It was also nice to hear Joe's comments that the flea market is in a space that could be hampered with rain - just as it was at Hara. It was nice to hear a factual report instead of promises of a five star event and spin. I do hope that the Dayton Hamvention committee will be more public and transparent about the event - tell us what the floor space is, how many vendors will be pushed outside instead of inside, how the new layout will differ and what rooms the programs/forums will be in. It will be also be important to know just how 25000 people can drive from Dayton and surrounding cities to the fair grounds on the two lane roads not designed to handle such traffic over a concentrated time. Finally, tell us why we will need to ride a hay wagon from the parking area to the main entrance? We are coming for HamVention, not a county fair.

WB9VPG likes this.