ad: wmr-1

HF antenna stealth dipoles for QRP, portable or home QTH

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KJ4YZI, Dec 17, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KJ4YZI

KJ4YZI Ham Member QRZ Page

upload_2016-12-16_19-0-29.jpeg
    Here is a video on some micro HF dipoles i found. Under 5 ounces, and multiple versions. They work exceptionally well, and will be in my go-kit video. Also good for the stealth operator that can't have an antenna at the QTH.

KG2RG, WA8DE, AC7DD and 2 others like this.
  2. KE4YMX

KE4YMX Ham Member QRZ Page

i love those small little qrp dipoles, i have several homebrew made for my qrp go bag. sometime it is not worth lugging around the antenna tuner and just carry several of these little dipoles.

3. KK6QMS

KK6QMS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What power are the rated for? Ebay link? Thx.

4. KJ4YZI

Link is in the description of the video..

5. KJ4YZI

Check out my QRP video i just uploaded, good contact with this dipole today. It was a good test.

KJ3X likes this.
  6. N5OV

N5OV Ham Member QRZ Page

were can you buy them

7. KJ4YZI

Look in the description of the video above.

8. K8MH

K8MH Ham Member QRZ Page

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  9. WA5SAT

WA5SAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks, Eric. I do like to make antennas using those "cobra head" center insulators with the bnc connector. Very handy! 73, WA5SAT

10. N4NSS

N4NSS QRZ Member QRZ Page

Oh come on....Make your antennas....they're the easy to build and you might learn something. N4NSS Kyle

AK5B, KH6KG, KM4NOW and 7 others like this.
  11. KE4YMX

12. KE4YMX

I agree with N4NSS, building these antenna are super simple and probably with materials you have laying around. I built these dipole with PVC pipe that i cut in half and straighten flat with a blow dryer,, i purchased the so 239 chassis connector on ebay and wire you can get from local hardware store. I chose to use 20 gauge wire for weight and space saving. Don't worry about the appearance, but the performance :). You will learn by building your own antennas which leads to a sense of pride once you put it on the air,, at least that's how I feel.

Attached Files:

AK5B and K8CBC like this.
  13. KG7OOM

KG7OOM Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for sharing. I enjoy building antennas but some of you must remember that not everyone likes to build antennas... Will probably buy one just to get a closer look at it.

W9AMM and KE4YMX like this.
  14. W9AMM

W9AMM Ham Member QRZ Page

I make some of my antennas and yes they're easy to build. But I'm a gear geek and like buying some stuff as well. I purchased two of these little gems. The seller will give you a discount for subscribing to Eric's YouTube channel. Talk about ham radio brotherhood!

KM4NOW and N4GST like this.
  15. US7IGN

US7IGN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    KE4YMX likes this.