ad: QSLWorks-1

100 Watts and a Wire: Episode 70

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K0STH, Nov 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K0STH

K0STH Ham Member QRZ Page

On this episode, Christian, K0STH files his first complaint with the F.C.C. Much to the dismay of a few, the QRM conversation makes a return this week. Should we just turn the dial? Or, should we gather, stand up and exercise the system? We'll talk about it. Plus, a new program takes root. Learn about Mines on the Air. All of this and more on this edition of 100 Watts and a Wire.

http://100wattsandawire.com/100-watts-and-a-wire/episode70

++++

100 Watts and a Wire ® is a weekly podcast celebrating amateur radio. Join Christian Cudnik, K0STH for topical conversation, interviews, news and an entertaining look at the adventures of a ham trying to figure it all out.

100 Watts and a Wire is perfect for those who are new to ham radio, those looking to serve as Elmer’s, and the technically curious crowd.

Whether you run 5 watts or 1500 watts, everyone is welcome. In our community, it's OK not to know everything, ask for help, give advice and get on the air.

Visit 100wattsandawire.com for more information. You can subscribe to the show by clicking the RSS feed. Or, by using podcast apps like, iTunes or Stitcher.

iTunes: goo.gl/G4ODJc
    Stitcher: goo.gl/X3hrsa

Calling Frequencies: 14287 and 7180

Our NET happens Thursdays at 8p Central on 7.180 [+ or -].

KM4FLJ, KI9W, WD9GCO and 1 other person like this.
  2. AC7RH

AC7RH Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks Christian, good show.

3. K0STH

K0STH Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't get it twisted. You're not qualified to put words in my mouth. Go troll somebody else.

K4NDN, WX4ET, N6YW and 3 others like this.
  4. K0WVM

K0WVM Ham Member QRZ Page

Always like hearing your podcasts when I can! Only can hear the 7180 net at the moment... will hopefully have the ability to go 2-way by next Spring since we are moving to a new QTH in the Salt Lake City area later this Winter. Most of my essential radio accessories are packed away for the time being.

5. N6YW

N6YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Really?
    You want to go there? This will not be tolerated here or anywhere else on QRZ.
    BYE.

KG5QDZ, NU4R, AF7UF and 7 others like this.
  6. N6YW

N6YW Ham Member QRZ Page

This will be dealt with.
    Christian, your contributions are excellent and noteworthy on so many levels.
    Ignore the sub human behavior of a select few. This persons lack of restraint
    and civility is not worthy of being a part of this community.
    Keep up your great body of work and thank you.
    73 de Billy N6YW

NU4R, W8LGZ, K4NDN and 5 others like this.
  7. WD9GCO

WD9GCO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you, Billy.

KF5RHI and N6YW like this.
  8. KD7KCP

KD7KCP Ham Member QRZ Page

When you said your voice would cause amateur radio operators wife's to purchase bananas, spend time with the bananas in a car away from their husbands listening to your voice, I misunderstood.
    I apologize.

KU4QT and K0PJS like this.
  9. KM4FLJ

KM4FLJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree with you about most things and find the qrm @ 7.200 or near there intolerable. I resent the person jamming up my airwaves with their trash that benefits nobody. Agree totally. Thanks Christian for putting it out there.

K0STH likes this.
  10. K0PJS

K0PJS Ham Member QRZ Page

Whatever Xian was trying to say I took it to be disparaging.

K2NCC and KD7KCP like this.
  11. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

ok, that was strange!

K0PJS likes this.
  12. AA3SO

AA3SO Ham Member QRZ Page

No I kill for Bananas !

13. KW2KW

KW2KW Ham Member QRZ Page

All he was saying is that the guy's XYL would find an excuse to go out to the car to listen to his podcast.

Whatever else you thought he was saying is in your mind. If you heard something twisted, that is not on him but on the listener.

Was it disparaging? Of people he felt were foolishly complaining, yes, of course. Why shouldn't it be? Was not the comment misinterpreting his statement also disparaging? Is it bad for Christian to be disparaging, but not for KD7KCP with his, ahem, unique interpretation? Let me say that I disparage his interpretation. It is a terrible interpretation - bad, bad! So now I'm being disparaging, too. Will you disparage me for that?

14. KD7KCP

KD7KCP Ham Member QRZ Page

"
    At five minutes and fifty seconds

" I take on this deeper richer sexier tone that the YLs and you'r XYLs dude! is sitting around listening to while your typing emails to me. When she says baby I'm going to run out to the car, I think the bananas fell out of the bag. You know what she does, that's right she gets the bananas and turns on the podcast to listen for me to say girl oh girl."

That's as subtle as a one hundred mile per hour fright train in the face! Clearly that bit is about amateur radio operators wives biblically knowing bananas.
    Interpretation?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    K0PJS likes this.
  15. KD8OSD

KD8OSD Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe if you have a mind that still thinks like a tenth grader.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.