ad: Radclub22-1

PACIFIC DXPEDITIONER (KC0W) IMPERILED BY THEFT

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by W1YW, Sep 28, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

When hams go on dxpeditions they commonly leave supplies for those who live there...

No pity involved.

2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I am waiting for Tom to say he's OK with this crowdfunding...nothing yet.

He knows I am ready to provide him funds and equipment, along with others.

QRO CLUB has an amp and a FTDX-1200 ready to send, if he wants them. Probably a Begali paddle as well. Let Tom decide.

Chip W1YW

KE4TA, K4SAW, W5WN and 2 others like this.
  3. KB3WGE

KB3WGE Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry to hear about the theft of ur eqip. OM, I hope the local authorities find the perps fast.Thieves SUCK for lack of a better word for such LOWLIFES,73's ALL KB3WGE a.k.a. Jimi.

KF4ZKU likes this.
  4. N7XCZ

N7XCZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I know you are a young person Eugene UR3TQN But before resorting to stealing someones personal belongings and a visitor to your country of all things,:( Most people would ask for help if they need to eat and I do not think it is as stone age as you assume. Best of DX to you Eugene and 73'se
    Ed Wolf
    N7XCZ

5. W1RDT

W1RDT Ham Member QRZ Page

Has the Secretary of State been contacted?

W6JWZ likes this.
  6. K0AUG

K0AUG Ham Member QRZ Page

I messaged with MM0NDX to confirm it was him that setup the crowdfunding (you never know right?) and got an affirmative message back just now.

MM0XXW and MM0NDX like this.
  7. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

I saw a post on the DX page about this and there is a place posted to make a donation.
    Never met Tom other than through here and a ssb qso, he was living his dream after working long and hard to do so, I wish him success in recovering from this. He always came across as a stand up guy, I hope the ham community can help him

8. N7XCZ

One more thing to Add, Lets hope the Internet scammer's do not come out of the Wood work as well When and if Tom accepts any donations I suggest he post the Name of the Agency on His own QRZ page so the funds go to the right person.

9. N7XCZ

Just saw your Post Chip thanks

10. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, but knowing Tom, I suggest NOT doing anything until Tom agrees to it. Also, the way the pound is these days, I will stick with direct and with dollars.

Chip W1YW

11. K0AUG

K0AUG Ham Member QRZ Page

Good info, thanks! Keep us posted.

12. US7IGN

US7IGN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

13. MM0NDX

MM0NDX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just trying to help....

73 de Col MM0NDX
    DX-World.net

N9PBD and MM0XXW like this.
  14. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Col runs a superb website --dx-world.net-- that I use frequently. Col, your offer is exemplary, but Tom likes to make things happen for himself....let's see what he would like us all to do next:)

Chip W1YW

15. AC0PR

AC0PR Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm very sorry to hear about all that! We'll be waiting to see which direction Tom decided to go...

Mike, AC0PR