ad: cq2k-1

CWCOM NOW HAS A BLOGSITE

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by VK2IAU, Aug 3, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. VK2IAU

VK2IAU Ham Member QRZ Page

# CWCOM NOW HAS A BLOGSITE vk2iau-on-CWCOM.blospot.com

# EVERYONE IS INVITED TO COMMENT REGARDING THIS FREE " LIVE INTERNET CW " PROGRAM BY VK1EME John

# DOWNLOAD CWCOM FROM THIS LINK http://www.mrx.com.au/

# FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT qrz.com/db/vk2iau / qrz.com/db/vk1eme

# TEACH YOURSELF CW WITH US / REFRESH YOUR CW ABILITIES WITH THE OUR FRIENDLY OPS

# WE VALUE ALL SENSIBLE COMMENTS WITH A VIEW TO ENJOYING CWCOM TO THE MAXIMUM

# CALL IN AND SEE US 24 / 7 , AND HOPEFULLY STAY FOR AT LEAST A FEW YEARS OR LONGER

73 FROM THE CWCOM USERS

2. EDDYSTONE

EDDYSTONE QRZ Member

CWCOM is Brilliant...

You DO NOT NEED any of the following

1. A big antenna
    2. An expensive (or cheap) rig
    3. An Amateur Radio Licence
    4. An Amateur Radio Callsign (just make one up.. use your initials or your nick-name. etc)
    5. To log on every time you use cwcom
    6. To "register" your commitment
    7. To be a speed freak. there`s no contests on cwcom
    8. Ad Blockers
    9. Anti virus
    10. To Be SHY...

You DO NEED....
    1. A good internet connection.
    2. A USB to Serial Converter ( PL2303) if you want to use a Laptop
    3. A DB9 socket and an in line stereo jack socket and plug. to attach your key.... You can use Straight Key.... Paddle Key... or even the Mouse and Down Arrow Key on the keyboard..
    4. Enthusiasm
    5. A sense of humour ! .. we love to have fun....
    6.To be BOLD... give it a go... you won`t get eaten alive, but will be welcomed....

If you are unsure about any of the settings, there is usually someone (like me) (callsign GEMS )... who can help... you only have to ask...
    We use a similar procedure to Amateur Stations on the H.F. bands, but there are also quite a few Australian operators who used to work for the Post Office on their Land Line Circuits.... and so it is quite interesting to talk to people from around the world with NO QRM... NO QSB... and no need to send irritating rst 599 5nn ... just spend your time "ragchewing" and having fun

Look forward to seeing you SOON
    73 DE GEMS ( Portsmouth, England)

3. KD2RON

KD2RON XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Apparantly only for Windows users?

4. LU7DLS

LU7DLS Ham Member QRZ Page

I can not access the page vk2iau-on-CWCOM.blospot.com as my antivirus blocks it and informs existing malware infection.

5. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Guess that the guys who created this site DON'T THINK THERE ARE ENOUGH "APPLE-USERS" globally??? That's rather self-defeating for the site if they expect to GROW site PARTICIPATION isn't it??? HELLO??? For them to be SUCCESSFUL they need: 1.Microsoft 2.APPLE 3.LINUX, Plain & Simple!!!

6. EDDYSTONE

EDDYSTONE QRZ Member

I think the blogsite is not fully active for another 48 hours...

# DOWNLOAD CWCOM FROM THIS LINK http://www.mrx.com.au/

7. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

This is advertisement, not "news".

KD4VA likes this.
  8. VK2WP

VK2WP Ham Member QRZ Page

Cannot access the blogspot, nothing happens.

Says it is "free" then there is a purchase link. The purchase link does not work either.

This news is more an advertisement, not news.

K2NCC likes this.
  9. K6PVA

K6PVA Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree the links do not work, and I can't seem to get the program to work ether as I can't reg... ugh.

10. VK2IAU

EVERYONE APPRECIATES " CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM " IT MAKES FOR POSITIVE PROGRESS , HOWEVER
    PERFECT WE TRY TO BE WE = CAN PLEASE ALL OF THE PEOPLE SOME OF THE TIME , SOME OF THE PEOPLE ALL OF THE TIME , BUT NEVER ALL OF THE PEOPLE ALL OF THE TIME

73 FROM VK2IAU John

11. NK8O

NK8O Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not at all, although it does require a little time to bring it up and running under Mac OS, using Wine. There is an excellent tutorial at https://www.davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/#dock-icon . I am a Mac only user but I have been using CWCOM under OS X for about 6 months now.

12. NK8O

Actually it is absolutely free. The site is slightly confusing but I assure you CWCOM is absolutely free.

NK8O

K2NCC likes this.
  13. NK8O

http://www.mrx.com.au/d_cwcom.htm , then scroll down the page to find this:

Download:
    • To download the latest CW Communcator release click HERE

Chas - NK8O

14. NJ6G

NJ6G Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I installed it and it reports that it's only free for 30 days.

15. VK2IAU

I HAVE BEEN USING CWCOM FOR 10 YRS. AND I CAN ASSURE YOU IT IS FREE , IF YOU ACCESS THE CORRECT DOWNLOAD
    73 FROM VK2IAU John