ad: wmr-1

Limor "Ladyada" Fried, AC2SN, Begins Weekly "Ham Sunday" Live Videos

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KU7PDX, May 2, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KU7PDX

KU7PDX Ham Member QRZ Page

Limor "Ladyada" Fried, AC2SN, kicked off her "Ham Sunday" live videos this week by unboxing a Tytera MD-380 DMR transceiver and demonstrating how to build the Travis Goodspeed, KK4VCZ, enhanced firmware for the MD-380 and then how to upload it to the radio.

Subscribe to Adafruit Industries on YouTube to be notified of their live video streams and look forward to her next Ham Sunday.

WY7YL likes this.
  2. K7FLE

K7FLE Ham Member QRZ Page

I am really hoping for some HAM AX25 awesomeness from her.

W8SPL likes this.
  3. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

did she happen to say when they'll be shipping the Raspberry Pi Zero or A+

4. KU7PDX

KU7PDX Ham Member QRZ Page

You might want to keep an eye on the official Raspberry Pi Blog. They stated a couple of weeks ago that RPi Zero units were going back into production in a couple of weeks with a "new feature that users have been asking for." Who knows what that means, but I really want to get one of these and build a Zero cluster!

KK4NSF likes this.
  5. W8SPL

W8SPL Ham Member QRZ Page

Damn good to finally see SOMEONE in the maker movement finally helping to bridge the gap between the "maker movement" & amateur radio.

KU7PDX and AD0JA like this.
  6. K2XT

K2XT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

She seems quite competant. Makes me feel right at home. No headphones, no gigantic mic on a boom, no simulated "broadcast studio" environment, no phoniness. Wow, how refreshing.

KU7PDX, AD0JA, WD9EWK and 1 other person like this.
  7. W8SPL

W8SPL Ham Member QRZ Page

She's quite competent, fairly humble, refreshingly unpretentious, & does tend to bring a new spin on already developed platforms & current product ideas. While I've not seen anything "Truly" breakthrough & mind-blowing from her company yet (at the current time), everything they produce that I've bought so far over the past few years has been well worth my dollars & time to mess around with. A company run by a passionate techno-nerd, & it shows :D

I'm really hoping that the lame outdated & unwarranted "Good ole boy" entitlement club / mentality I've seen in amateur radio doesn't turn them off in developing products for us.............

Last edited: May 3, 2016
    KU7PDX, AD0JA and K2XT like this.
  8. KK4NSF

that IS good news! I follow their blog, but missed it because it was sort of buried inside a Game Controller. No matter. I'm glad to see it's going to be back in production!

KU7PDX likes this.
  9. KK4NSF

I met her at a Maker Fair.... and she's all of the above. She's the real-deal. She's also VERY intelligent.

KU7PDX likes this.