ad: k1jek

TEN-TEC Announcement January 4, 2016

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KI4JPL, Jan 4, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KA5UUN

KA5UUN Ham Member QRZ Page

They said the Titanic was unsinkable, too.

2. NO20CALLSIG

NO20CALLSIG Guest

yes that is correct..................

3. KB7UXE

KB7UXE Ham Member QRZ Page

I still think Ten Tec was secretly bought by a company called, CYBERDYNE.
    and has been assigned to the SKYNET DIVISION..
    and all this is just a diversion.
    But I wouldn't know anything about that......
    id-1 003.jpg

4. W2BLC

W2BLC Ham Member QRZ Page

Website does not appear to be operational at this time.

5. WB9MCW/SK2024

WB9MCW/SK2024 Ham Member QRZ Page

That does seem to be the case indeed???

6. KS9Q

KS9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Seems to be functioning now...

7. WB9MCW/SK2024

WB9MCW/SK2024 Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep it sure is - tis a good thing.

8. RX9CQV

RX9CQV Ham Member QRZ Page

the transceiver handmade from Russia

K8PG, K9MOV, KA0HCP and 1 other person like this.
  9. RX9CQV

RX9CQV Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, it worksnow

10. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Okay. Much time has passed since the original post and Dayton 2016 is nearly a wrap. Any announcement(s) there regarding the new Ten Tec?

Jeff WN1MB
    Winsted CT

11. W9RDC

W9RDC Ham Member QRZ Page

If they're wanting to breathe life back into the company, their web relaunch should have been something better than a WordPress template web site. If anything, your web presence should over-sell your company. This one looks like it was put together by someone who didn't know anything about creating web sites a couple weeks ago.

I wish them the best of luck, though.

12. WB4YAL

WB4YAL Ham Member QRZ Page

I must say that I am disappointed. The guy who bought it put out the dramatic press release last year and then all was SILENT. It doesn't look too good for Ten Tec at this time. Will they leave the ham market like Collins, Drake, and others have?

13. AD0AC

AD0AC Ham Member QRZ Page

Apparently, they have radios in stock now, all you have to do is call.

I'd rather see a WordPress site than no site at all. The pre-RKR site was nothing to write home about. This new site has a lot of resources online too.

K3AOA likes this.
  14. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

Were they at dayton?

15. WB8NUT

WB8NUT Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, they were at Dayton showing the old TenTec line. Nothing new. I spoke to Mike the new owner. Nice person and wish him success, but the issue in my opinion is that they are not capitalized, at least enough to get production rolling again. He said he had to outlay $150,000 for parts for the commercial receiver order. He said if he gets enough orders, he will order parts (prepay???) and start production. He said he thought they have six Rebel units in stock for sale and enough parts to create about 13 Omni's. Other than that, there is no stock and no current production. My opinion is that there is just no money for serious production, or even new product development. The previous asset owners just ran what was left of TenTec into the ground. To get the new TenTec going, it is going to take some significant investment. Wish I would have asked him if they even have a lead engineer to design new or updated products.

BTW, not much traffic. You can tell they have been out of the market too long that many have moved on. A lot of interest at Elecraft and Flex. Those booths were packed. I think most TenTec fans may have moved over to Elecraft.