ad: M2Ant-1

W6WBJ Apparent Liability in the amount of $25,000

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC7RUN, Dec 18, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Remember that got Alphonse (AL) Capone for not paying his taxes.

KK5R likes this.
  2. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, gentlemen, I'll bet it's not as cut and dried as you think. From the order:

How much do you want to bet that Mr. Crowell files the statement instead of paying the forfeiture?

3. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Things like this constantly remind me not to venture much above 3800 KHz.

I guess I'll just mosey on down to the 3600KHz to 3650KHz controversy thread instead!

WB7AM likes this.
  4. KO2LA

KO2LA Ham Member QRZ Page

Way to go FCC!

NH6RF and KK5R like this.
  5. KK4NA

KK4NA Ham Member QRZ Page

FCC License revocation along with the NAL would be a better outcome...

This individual has been "violating the rules" since before 2008.
    How many more years do we have to put up with these bottom dwellers before their tickets are pulled?

BTW - did anyone read all of the formal replies and responses on the FCC site? Wow. Some really defective and acerbic arguments.
    I just don't understand how these people come to the surface. Sad.

N5SRC, K6SSA, K3RW and 2 others like this.
  6. K7PRS

K7PRS Ham Member QRZ Page

It is about time. WARFA has put up with his malicious jamming for over 10 years - that is 3 times a week, 90 minutes per net for 10 years. By the way you might want to check to FCC rules because using indecent or foul language on the air does violate the rules and W6WBJ is guilty of this and more. If we Hams show the FCC we won't put up with this by continuing to complain until they take both his (and the other malicious jammer's) licenses and equipment then justice will truly be done. Christmas really came early this year for me.

N6YW and W7CJD like this.
  7. KK5R

KK5R Ham Member QRZ Page

There is Freedom of Speech in this country and there is sometimes a price to be paid for it. In this case, that freedom costs $25,000 but it is not as a penalty, it is a "lesson" for all the others who are also abusing the Free Air in the Ham Bands. But the old argument is important to ponder: If someone steals the hubcaps from my car, I want him punished. I do not want him punished so the hubcaps of others will not be stolen, I want him punished because he stole my hubcaps.

The axiom is that the punishment must fit the crime committed but it should not fit the crime others commit or might think about committing. Equitable Justice must view crime AND punishment through a narrow lens.

However...

IF this keeps a few other morons from abusing the ham bands, then it's icing on the amateur radio cake.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
    N8VIL likes this.
  8. N7KFD

N7KFD Ham Member QRZ Page

9. DRBEN

DRBEN QRZ Member

By filing a statement, he stops the 30-day clock until the FCC gets around to telling him whether the original order is upheld or whether the amount is reduced (or, as occasionally happens increased!). It's a way to buy time and hope for a reduction or cancellation.

According to the FCC, this guy told the inspector that transmitting music was NOT against Part 97 and that he had no intention of stopping what he had been doing. Then he is alleged to have put that into writing in a letter to the FCC.

The order was supposed to be $11,000 a day for the two days in question but was increased by an additional $3,000 because the FCC alleges that the operator did the same thing again, only two days after the inspector's visit.

Something tells me that the FCC is not likely to bend too much and if the guy gets a lawyer, he may end up paying the lawyer more than the FCC is claiming (either originally or after reduction).

W8BCJ and KK5R like this.
  10. W7CJD

W7CJD Ham Member QRZ Page

Freedom is not liberty or taking liberties.

This abuse goes past that.

I hope they seize all radio communications equipment they find, antennas, tower, bench tools and all and sundry.

The FCC could put it up at auction.

11. WN2C

WN2C Ham Member QRZ Page

I have heard others say this too. Could you cite the particular section in part 97 or other part that makes using "foul language" a rule violation? I have looked for it but can not find it.

12. W4KVW

W4KVW Ham Member QRZ Page

No Valid license since 2007.It's been Pending.Sounds like he may be related to one Baxter-K1MAN. They were sure cut from the same POS cloth anyway. :rolleyes:

13. W6PHO

W6PHO Ham Member QRZ Page

Amen. Indecent and foul, broadcasting music, recordings of other hams (WARFA people especially), failure to identify by call sign (much less every ten minutes), and the list could go on. Way to go FCC!

KK5R likes this.
  14. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Great job The FCC finally did something, maybe they will keep it up.

KK5R likes this.
  15. KE7FXO

KE7FXO Ham Member QRZ Page

is

The guy is a retired lawyer.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
    KT6KT likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.