ad: cq2k-1

Radio Shack is Back?

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by W4KJG, Nov 28, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Radio Shack has a new strategy?
    How about THIS one....offering customers what they want. Gee, what a concept.

KM4FLJ, N5XMV and N2UHC like this.
  2. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Gee....it looks like Radio Shack's new strategy is teaming up with a phone carrier!

As Dr. Phil would say...."How's that working for you?"

Nothing to see here folks. Stick a fork in it.

N2UHC, KD8DEY and KM4BLG like this.
  3. W5KV

W5KV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

They simply need to rename RadioShack to Sprint Wireless Store because that's about all they carry these days. I have a hard time finding stuff @ Fry's & Altex anymore! I hate having to wait a week or two for an adaptor in the mail, but have no choice.

KK5R and WC3T like this.
  4. W7CJD

W7CJD Ham Member QRZ Page

"Kids" are interested in how things go together.

adafruit.com

N4AAB likes this.
  5. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I haven't been to the one remaining one here in a while. Last time I was there, there were all different people working there, and all the kinds of things I buy were not being restocked. They were stocking up on all kinds of glitzy junk I wouldn't want.

6. KC8MWG

KC8MWG Ham Member QRZ Page

You watch - eventually they'll change their name to "Cell Phones 'R' Us"!. I bought my 2m magmount antenna at the local Radio Shack (a franchise store, not a corporate store) in 1998, right after I got my tech license. Now they have ZERO products that are directly ham related (except 50-ohm co-ax cable and connectors)... o_O

7. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

8. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Poop isn't quite the word I'd use, but, close.

W5BIB likes this.
  9. KE4UIG

KE4UIG Ham Member QRZ Page

I've always told them no and they just rang it up as out of towner

10. KE4UIG

KE4UIG Ham Member QRZ Page

If anyone cares.... My local RS lady told me they are reorging to lure the makers back in. I told her I was looking for a correlation between the decline of RS and Ham Radio. I also told her they need to get accounts with digikey/mouser/others and stock bulk parts. I don't need 3.5$ in packaging for a .05$ part.

11. KA2CZU

KA2CZU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

a week or two would be nice :(

12. KG5KOG

KG5KOG Ham Member QRZ Page

I used a CC one time and was told since had, they were required to obtain address.
    Was going to tell them I didn't want items then, but got to thinking they would still want my address to reverse the charge.

13. KJ4NTV

KJ4NTV Ham Member QRZ Page

There is a radio shack by where I live. They have a few ham antennas for a hand held and a few bigger antennas for CB and Ham. It still has the parts drawer. As far as DIY, it seems like all of the DIY projects they offer revolve around the arduino.

14. N2UHC

N2UHC Ham Member QRZ Page

No more RS's close by my location. But I won't miss them too much, since I haven't shopped in one in a long time. I tend to get my electronic components from All Electronics or Mouser, since even by paying shipping they're still cheaper than RS was. If the "new" RS is still being run by the same people who ran the "old" RS into the ground, then this will just be the last gasp before they disappear completely.

15. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

My local Radio Shack is also an Audio One store.
    Owner says that if the Radio Shack part goes under he will just replace R.S. stuff with better stuff (cables etc.)
    Doesnt stock individual parts, Just the few odd R.S. tools and toys etc (No Phone Kiosk)

WA3HGW likes this.