ad: UR5CDX-1

'The Ham Sandwich' 1 - A Show For Radio Hobbyists.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by OH2FFY, Nov 6, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. OH2FFY

OH2FFY Ham Member QRZ Page

Now for the shameless plug for my latest venture :)

After more than a year of thinking and mulling ideas over back and forth with fellow Ham , Steve KD0PXX , we have finally actually produced something.
    It is a video show that is primarily for Amateur radio hobbyists , but something that we think that ALL radio fans would like.

Unlike the overproduced , over rehearsed smiling faces that want you to buy something , this show has no sponsors and no agenda other than providing an engaging half hour show that reveals more of what really goes on in Ham shacks around the world.

Being based in northern Europe I , Greg OH2FFY , bring my experience with Ham radio from Europe , Australia , and the UK.
    Steve covers the scene in the United States.

While I am now out of the electronics industry Steve is still working in electronics servicing and repairs , and has a personal favorite being older tube type technology.

His technically accurate and thoughtful input to the show offsets my 'fun' relaxed and easy going style and combined this creates a conversational warm atmosphere on the show. , which is EXACTLY the way it is when a couple of Hams get together and talk about their projects and whats going on.

This show is fast paced , easy to watch and we believe has GREAT potential.
    We think its time to ditch those old stale Video shows , and grab -- 'The Ham Sandwich' :)

Greg OH2FFY

KF4SKP, WM9F and K9PLG like this.
  2. W1FVB

W1FVB Ham Member QRZ Page

A nice sandwich indeed. good job :)

3. OH2FFY

Thanks buddy :)

4. W8BOX

W8BOX Ham Member QRZ Page

I enjoyed your show guys. Very interesting topics which picues my interest to further inquirey. 73 to you both, nice job.
    de tom w8box.

5. OH2FFY

Thanks a LOT for the feedback Tom.
    It means a lot to us to hear what people are thinking of it.
    Hopefully you can stay for another round of 'The ham Sandwich' :)

Greg OH2FFY

6. K9PLG

K9PLG Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice video !! - Seems a lot of ham radio video programs have sponsors these days and therefore commercials embedded in them as a result :( - nice to see one that doesn't.
    Funny how you confused Omaha with Idaho , but not being from North America and not familiar with our geography it's understandable (they do sound a little similar). I've met Americans (from the east coast) who actually think Ohio and Iowa are the same state pronounced differently - they should know better but they don't LOL... Keep up the Great Work - look forward to upcoming episodes !!
    Paul K9PLG

KF8RC likes this.
  7. OH2FFY

Hi Paul,
    Well I have a good reason for that ......
    It is a result of learning US geography from the Tv show , 'The Simpsons'.

I am still wondering where Springfield is :)

Thanks for watching buddy :-D

Greg OH2FFY

WM9F likes this.
  8. K9PLG

K9PLG Ham Member QRZ Page

We have many Springfields all over the place - would not be surprised if each state has one - probably why they picked the name since it's very common :)

9. OH2FFY

Very likely :)

Regarding show sponsors and advertising.
    Both Steve and I have discussed it already as a possibility down the road and how we would handle it.

I think shows that have advertising are so surprised and unprepared for it when it gets offered ,, that they make bad decisions and deals.
    Even if a sponsor is EXTREMELY generous , so generous enough to pay for the whole show , that doesn't mean that they should be plugging the sponsors products every ten seconds.

Advertising and sponsors plugs can be handled in appropriate and subtle ways , but many shows with sponsors fail in this regard , and that damages the show in the end.

Steve and I agree that we would rather NO SPONSORS or Advertising if that is the way it would go.
    The goal is to serve the Amateur radio community , not fill our pockets with Greenbacks , or in my case Euros :)

Greg OH2FFY

10. KE8BPZ

KE8BPZ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

good job, much better than regular TV, look forward to next episode

11. OH2FFY

Watching a Bagel going around and around in a microwave oven is better than watching regular TV :)

Thanks a LOT for watching buddy :-D

Greg OH2FFY

12. KF4SKP

KF4SKP Ham Member QRZ Page

Very good for a first show. What frequencies do you go talk on during the week? It would be interesting to listen in as your future shows develop. Maybe one day you could have several HF nets running after your broadcasts, like HamNation does.
    Thanks,
    KF5SKP

13. OH2FFY

Hiya buddy.
    Thanks for your interest in the show.

When on I am active in 20 meters , but this depends on my work schedule.
    So like most people its hard to predict in advance when that happens.

I do not know when Steve uses the radio , , we have never had an on air QSO before.

The idea of having on air nets and round-tables could be fun and its something that we could look into in the future as the show becomes more known and popular.

Thanks again for watching :)

Greg OH2FFY

14. KD2DIG

KD2DIG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Steve and Greg,
    Nice job, guys, a very well done first effort. I'll be watching.
    Don Kd2dig

15. OH2FFY

Hiya Don

We are glad that you liked it :)

Greg OH2FFY