ad: Radclub22-1

New SDR Transceiver

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by KC8EQF, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KE4PWE

KE4PWE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The last statement is probably the most true, I have one of the NOEle's also and the HF converter to go with it and their statement to me recently was they were combining the two so that you only had to use one USB cable to run it. It only cost 75 dollars for the HF converter and the stick anyways, then you have to get the preamps from the guy in South America to make them work better. Great idea to have in a transceiver but there are no roofing filters no front end to these radios so it would be hard to have an effective radio at that cost. You never know what the Chinese will come up with though, could be another UGG bofang device.

73 ke4pwe

2. AF4RK

AF4RK Ham Member QRZ Page

HF receiver bundle, no transmit, just went to their website.

3. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

I find Nooelec site very difficult to navigate , its been a while so my numbers are just to make a point ,
    They seem to have many multiples of the stick receivers , with lots missing info to figure which to get , then they seem to post multiples of the same at different prices .
    I do not like salesmanship that is going to offer the same thing at multiple pricing , in some cases 3 times as much .
    And then not making it clear what your getting or what combination of devices to put together what you want , they seem to rely on others and there sites / videos with a lack of info .
    I signed up for the price alerts , and get only up-pricing .
    Just my impression , with what appears to by deceptive sales [ even though once put together , they work ] I just do not like to buy from a place that operates like that ?

4. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Whenever someone talks about a USB SDR for AR somebody always says, "DUH! Hope it does 100W"

5. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree. No meaningful SPECS on anything I can find, just sales gobley-gook. What did I miss?

6. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I think they make amps for that.

No need to be built in.

I do have their package and it works well, With a good antenna.

7. AA1EZ

AA1EZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I will never again order anything from Nooelectric. I ordered the Ham-it-up 2 months ago, they charged me for it, and still have not received it. They will not answer my phone calls or emails. Bad company.

8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry to hear that.

Do you have a tracking number ? Who did you order from ?

Sometimes depending on where you order you get one.

It took about a month to get mine.

Good Luck.

9. N2MDA

N2MDA Ham Member QRZ Page

A 100 watt output board is the easy part. Motorola has had one for years for HF. Before you start typing, you should do some studying.

10. M0ODV

M0ODV Ham Member QRZ Page

11. AA1EZ

AA1EZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry to hear that.

Do you have a tracking number ? Who did you order from ?

Sometimes depending on where you order you get one.

It took about a month to get mine.

Good Luck.

The tracking number was invalid. I'll just have to say goodbye to that $50. :mad:

12. KC8YHW

KC8YHW Ham Member QRZ Page

When these RTL Dongles first became noticed, I bought one from Amazon, I found that SDR Sharp worked however HDSDR a program from Germany worked so much better. Then I bought the Ham-it-up from Nooelectric. Lets just say I will never do business with them again!!

13. NV2K

NV2K Ham Member QRZ Page

Reminds me of, "But does it have a Hemi?"

14. KV9L

KV9L XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thats weird, I ordered from them and they sent stuff to me ASAP. Some parts were missing on the upconverter case and I emailed them what was missing and they sent that to me within a few days of emailing them. I've had nothing but great service so far from them.

15. KF7PCL

KF7PCL Ham Member QRZ Page

That seems kind of expensive. I bought an RTL-SDR soon after the 820T units came out for about $15. I built an upconverter for about $30 worth of parts (including extra parts for other projects)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.