ad: Radclub22-1

New SDR Transceiver

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by KC8EQF, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC8EQF

KC8EQF Ham Member QRZ Page

In a email today from NOOELEC, I was informed they are planning a SDR transceiver for under $100! WOOHOO:cool:

2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Substance=news. Details please.

Chip W1YW

3. N2MDA

N2MDA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey a software defined transceiver for under $100.00 is a great buy. I just hope it does HF and is in the 100 watt output level. Keep making those surface mount Ic's smaller.!!

4. AA9G

AA9G Ham Member QRZ Page

I would much prefer it were VHF. Those are rare. Like, there's the HackRF and it lacks filters and it's power is something around 40 milliwatts. HF SDR's are a dime a dozen now.

5. N8MSA

N8MSA Ham Member QRZ Page

6. K3ILC

K3ILC Ham Member QRZ Page

I bought a cheaper one of those SDR sticks from Amazon.com, that was shipped to me directly from China (think it cost me about $9.00). For a transceiver type stick, it will be very important to limit/eliminate spurious emissions/harmonics during transmit.

7. N9DSJ

N9DSJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Can you redact the email if need be and post the details?

Bill N9DSJ

8. KG7KMR

KG7KMR Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a NooElec R820T receiver that I've really enjoyed tinkering around with over the last couple of years, a transceiver for <$100 would be an awesome addition to the ham community. Looking forward to it!

9. N5DUX

N5DUX Ham Member QRZ Page

No details and it gets the front page treatment?

If I post that I heard on the local repeater that Yaesu is going to merge with Icom, will that become front page news also?

10. K4RAF

K4RAF Ham Member QRZ Page

USB TRANSCEIVER, under $100? Not happening...

First of all, you're NOT going to see a TRANSCEIVER on a USB stick...
    Second, you're not going to see an SDR TRANSCEIVER for under $100
    Third, while RTL SDRs are cheap, the under $30 RTLs go no lower than 25MHz, thus HF RTLs are not simple, common nor cheap...

If you want an SDR Transceiver, Elad has introduced the DUO, which is ~$1100 for 5 watts on HF...

I own 4 "box" SDRs: an AFEDRI, an ELAD FDM-S1 & FDM-S2 & a Perseus... I have been heavily into SDRs for 4 years & follow it pretty closely.
    I just bought my first RTL simply because SWLing on HF is my main interest.
    For HF performance, you get what you pay for!!! [I am about to sell off the Perseus]

I think the email was misread as Nooelec has offerings of both RTLs & upconverters that when put together are HF RECEIVERS, for under $100, in a single metal case...

73 & good SDR de Rafman, K4RAF

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  11. K0SNG

K0SNG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have a Peaberry SDR for $139.00, I realize it's not under a $100.00 but it works great.

12. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's not news . . . it's a WOOHOO.

13. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

BOOHOO!

:)

14. K2XT

K2XT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

15. G8LIY

G8LIY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015