ad: M2Ant-1

The TYT TH-9800 Quad Band Transceiver now released

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by K4TEC, Dec 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. W0JMP

W0JMP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

2. AK4FU

AK4FU Ham Member QRZ Page

I have had mine up and running for a month now no complaints works great this is clearly a knock off of the Yaesue 8900 at a fraction of the price, this is a good radio at a good price point I would by another. I do not have an interest in any company or an ax to grind with anyone just a Ham that bought and used this radio.
    AK4FU

3. K5GHS

K5GHS Ham Member QRZ Page

I was going to say, if it wasn't for the name on it and the buttons on each side being ABC DEF instead of 123 456, I'd have thought it was a Yaesu. :)

4. N3RSJ

N3RSJ Ham Member QRZ Page

11-19-2014
    Just got one these radios it ain't the level of devation it's tone the mic element is foggy.
    Volume also Sound's great with extension speaker internal little small for windows down.
    Anyhow: Try crossband repeat clean and clear the mic element is the culprit!
    So I will try another element from a parts DTMF mic
    Guess no dealer has a replacement for radio w/ RJ 45 on it Th-9000 series ? I googled
    In the meantime be great if mic wiring diagram was posted (it's not in manual)
    Also the source for a RJ-45 to regular barrel 4 or 8 pin adapter be nice if created?
    Other then that the radio performs to it's $249 value
    Ordering from china amazon you will get it bundled in shrink & bubble wrap in a tape covered.
    It's like basketball but it made it here in original plastic insert but no tyt outside box.
    Amazon chnia dealer with deception ships in 1 to 2 days but pay" Click and..
    Thanks for purchase ship date changes as you punch your keyboard 1.5 month later.

5. K9EI

K9EI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'd save my money and buy the Yaseu before they quit selling them. At least they have a repair shop in the US for repairs.

KB9YOJ

6. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Where did you hear that?

7. K4ISR

K4ISR Ham Member QRZ Page

You realize it is illegal to import or sell TYT products?

http://www.qxdz.cn/en/NewsView.Asp?ID=48

sometimes that link doesn't work so this page has the same info: http://simonthewizard.com/2014/07/3...property-court-judgment-in-favour-of-qixiang/

Key wording:
    Qixiang will uphold now its rights and accessibility to profits based on this decision.
    Without Prejudice:
    1.We warn any factories that are still producing copy versions of our model, to stop their illegal activities immediately.
    2.We remind all Importers and Resellers of the TYT Model TH-9000 radio, or its OEM brand about this Court decision and to take heed.
    3.We expect that all Importers and Resellers immediately cease from advertising, selling, or supporting the TH-9000 or its OEM brand, Qixiang Electron Science will protect its intellectual property and will prosecute to the fullest worldwide anyone or any Company found to sell, advertise, or service the products in question.

8. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Illegal in China, but illegal here?

9. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

....It's all kinda ironic isn't it?

10. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Precisely my thoughts.

11. K4ISR

Qixiang Electron Science will protect its intellectual property and will prosecute to the fullest worldwide

12. W4AMP

W4AMP Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok for them to steal the rig from Yaesu but not ok for someone to steal the rig from them?

IronyMeter1.gif

13. KK4YES

KK4YES Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello Tim.
    I just got my TYT-TH9800 rig today and tried to load the software with no luck. It does not appear that there is an actual application other than the driver installer on the disk. Do you know where I can get a download of the software. I also could not get it to work with CHIRP. Any suggestions ?

Tom, KK4YES

14. K4ISR

They have been caught stealing from Anytone aka Qixiang Electron Science and a few other Chinese companies... when did Yaesu (Japanese company) come into this conversation?

15. KC8BBQ

KC8BBQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Would be interested to know more about this - without SSB, this radio is a waste of money. With it, it's a great deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.