ad: chuckmartin

KZ8O fined $22,000 by the FCC for intentional interference

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. VK5OHR

VK5OHR Ham Member QRZ Page

In Australia they would have taken all of his equipment away permanently!

I mean everything...

:cool:

2. N4FZ

N4FZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Good, very glad to see the FCC nail these clowns, they've been abusing their Amateur Radio "Privileges" for waay to long! ;)

3. N4GKS

N4GKS Ham Member QRZ Page

Why not. I hear you Aussies already gave up your guns.:cool:

4. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I read none of the other replies at all, but can only say "bravo" to the FCC for providing some level of regulations enforcement. It's not much, but better than nothing.

5. W6EM

W6EM Ham Member QRZ Page

Rem seizures, as the're called here, require that the FCC ask a Federal District Court judge for an order to confiscate equipment used to violate the Communications Act. Then, the US Marshal's Service simply breaks down your door whenever they feel like it, marches right in, and hauls off all of your transmitting equipment. Not that unusual. Just google "FCC seizure" and you should see several examples.......

And, if necessary, with their guns drawn.......

6. W4AMP

W4AMP Ham Member QRZ Page

Can you name a single example of this being used against an amateur radio operator? I know it is done to FM broadcast violators. K1MAN has been transmitting for weeks after losing his license, and nothing is being done. Good to see you on qrz Lee.

Jim

7. K2GWK

K2GWK Ham Member QRZ Page

It's just a shame the fine couldn't be significantly higher!!

8. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

When the dust settles, then I will get either excited or it will be business as usual...seen this so many times in the past...really depends how much of a "fight" the defendant puts up and what real evidence exists...we will see

9. KE4KMG

KE4KMG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well its about time something was done! The crap going on 14.313.0 was worse than CB! I wish the fine was even more, and I hope they pull his license.

10. WT4P

WT4P Ham Member QRZ Page

I couldn't agree more.

11. N2ADV

N2ADV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Has he been transmitting or is it just another of the "crowd" transmitting recordings of his previous stuff?

12. W4AMP

That is a valid point, because unfortunately that does go on. But the old Collins transmitter that Baxter has used for his "broadcasts" has a very unique sound and footprint. Going with that and beam headings my opinion is that it is him. Not just me saying that either, many other threads mentioning this on QRZ. Baxter has owed a huge NAL for over a decade. An in-rem seizure of that Collins transmitter could help pay that NAL. But as I pointed out to W6EM, I do not know of any amateur that has had an in-rem seizure of their equipment. And I guess he does not either, since he never answered. They are commonly used against FM broadcast pirates, and that is well documented. Apparently the FCC is powerless to take Baxter off the air.

13. AC2FO

AC2FO Ham Member QRZ Page

Honestly who cares what he is doing or saying are you the World Radio Police? No you just enjoy jumping into the fray have heard you to many times instigating problems.

14. W4AMP

Do you care to rebut the comments I have made in this thread or are you going to continue spewing ad-hominem personal attacks?

15. W4AMP

End of thread for me due to obvious reasons. E-mail is listed onsite for contact.

Jim

26400-Abandon-thread-felix-red-bull-LsIl.gif

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.