ad: CQMM-1

eBay Hacked

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by N6OIL, May 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. N6OIL

N6OIL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

If that is REALLY true it sucks.

Does that include PayPal ?

I think the fast checkout, could be a problem, because you do no not even need to log into Paypal.

Staying logged into PayPal is a bad Idea. To always stay logged in is a bad Idea, Because you are to lazy to log in when you use a website. That goes for this site too. When you do, you have more tracking on. Facebook is a good example. Facebook is a good one to have in your Hosts file.

I will only change my password When I want to and have problems.

Don't believe all that you see on the news.

The HTTPS scare was a good example, Of what Not to do, as a user. People Changed their password before the "so called" problem was fixed, so the new password was able to be had by hackers. They must have been laughing.

Maybe the new spy systems are now setup to get your new password when you change it ?

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  3. N6OIL

N6OIL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You know JLM I was just talking about the same thing with my coworkers about after you change your password they might have your new one. Either way it was time for me to change it so I did both eBay and PayPal since they sleep together.

Rory

4. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I may find someone hacked my account and had me bid up to $1500 for a Heathkit HW-101!!!

5. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I REALLY hate passwords. I can't remember them to save me!

Best to just use the word "PASSWORD" for them all!

6. KA9JLM

lol. Not really.

Just use Paypal, they will cover it. So they say.

7. KA9JLM

That is funny.

"PassWord" would be more secure. That should be your new one.

8. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That's what I do.

oops

9. 2E0MLJ

2E0MLJ Subscriber QRZ Page

My personal opinion is that these website giants like eBay should now incur a considerable fine for this, because it's lots of data that's gone now. Then it would give them a nudge to get the security sorted out higher. Alright it's not their fault but if Facebook can't be hacked and that doesn't have any financial (unless you use advertising payments etc) information on there.

10. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I see you bought a Gonset linear amplifier. The two will work nice together.

11. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Drowssap much more secure ;)

12. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

When is the world going to learn that we can't afford all these hackers and virus writers and do something about it? Find them and shoot them on sight. Maybe send a message that hackers are not wanted?

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

13. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Let's declare a War on Hackers and spend a bunch of money on it.

14. KA9JLM

Give them a job being White Hat Hackers.

15. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

First we have to raise taxes to cover the cost...
    Next we have to make sure every computer owner is treated as a suspected hacker.
    (nothing new here)
    Then we must put listening devices ether in the form of firmware located in such items as Ethernet and WiFi chips or have the major operating system makers provide back doors for us in order that we can collected data to make sure none of those potential cyber criminals are planning or thinking about planning to hack.
    (We all should be use to pre-crime by now)
    Then we should have checkpoints at schools, colleges, bus, train, ship, and airline terminals so we can search for the tools of hacking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.