ad: k1jek

Get $10 off HRD since March 24th was my birthday!

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by WJ6R, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

And you get a present!!!... $10 off HRD until 3/31/2013. (Yeah, I like to have a birthday week). Enter coupon code w4pc53 (all lower case) at checkout and get $10 off the retail price for HRD.

Our next stop is the Dx Convention in Visalia, CA April 19-21. Then on to hamvention.

Go to http://www.hrdsoftwarellc.com for this offer!

2. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

Although March is awesome, also my birth month, and of course, love the product, I have to question the definition of what really is "Amateur Radio News".

I think, at the least, it shouldn't be advertisement.

Sure, anyone can say "That's news to me!", but it's still not news.

"Next on CNN, Walmart offers 10% discount on all cookies!"

3. KC2WLR

KC2WLR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

He's one of the new owners of HRD, so he snuck in a little free advertising. Can't blame a business man for trying.

4. K2NCC

I just read on a fast-food restaurant's banner: "Freshly made tacos!"

Yeah, freshly MADE, but that doesn't mean the ingredients are. Unlikely they could claim anything there "fresh". At least not by any reasonable definition.

That's a "business man for trying" methods that are more likely to turn off a critical thinker.

Not saying this is the case. W4PC can't be blamed. It's really a matter of POV. IMPOV, the moderator who approved it, or perhaps the general policy of QRZ.com, are guilty of allowing this type of product placement.

5. KF6ABU

KF6ABU Ham Member QRZ Page

Frank,

If you have not noticed, QRZ and HRD have some sort of partnership or something or something in the works. For instance you are not allowed to talk about the price of HRD in a negative fashion or you will be banned. HRD has some different rule-set they are allowed to use.

Just an FYI.

6. N0SSC

N0SSC Ham Member QRZ Page

Sir, I think you got birthdays backwards. :p

7. WW7F

WW7F Guest

Frank, in a symbiotic relationship one entity favors the other, BTW,Happy belated Birthday, Mine was the 24th of March.
    I wonder if I get any extra discount for that?:)
    This guy used to give out free haircuts as well as discount uh,stuff:)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwZ80FEEZQo Tom Peterson, local legendary huckster and uh, good businessman as well,LOL:p
    73, gonna be on digital modes soon Frank might try digital voice anyhow it is offtopic so CUL, Michelle:)

8. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

I'm still trying to figure out what HRD is.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

9. W0QI

W0QI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That's Great NEWS!!

10. N0WYO

N0WYO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

11. KB3NPH

KB3NPH Ham Member QRZ Page

I use to be under the impression that 98% of the hams were of above average intelligence. I was also under the impression that hams were ALWAYS supportive of other hams and were willing to do anything they could to support another ham.

Reading forum posts like I see on QRZ and other sites has really changed my thinking.

50% are self proclaimed critics, complainers and cry babies. Doesn't matter what the subject they have to cry, complain or find something wrong with what someone else is doing.

25% are down right trouble makers and just try to get arguments going and keep them going.

23% are "fence sitters" who just go along for the ride and side with the one who they THINK might be on the right side of the fence.

2% ARE THE REAL HAMS......

12. K2NCC

I might be a little more forgiving if the owner of the product hadn't been allowed to post "news" you've enjoyed. Specifically in this sub-forum. Better suited for "General Announcements" than Amateur Radio News.

New releases of the product, achievements, all kinds of things could qualify in my mind as News. But telling us there's a sale going on? Nah.

Would you call the segment on Fox News* with Bill O'Reilly announcing his new book, news? A commercial at best. That's what advertisers do.

*Another mis-use of the word... it's news analysis most of the time.

13. K2NCC

With your post offering no benefit to the conversation, do you put yourself in the 50% or the 25% group on your list?

14. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Fred, the owner of this site, along with one or two of his specific designees, approve ALL items that show up in this forum. If you don't like the way Fred runs his web site, by all means tell him. Let us know how that goes for you.

............Bob

15. AH2I

AH2I Ham Member QRZ Page

Awesome! March 24th was my 14th anniversary of ham radio. (It was the night my license went through on that day in 1999.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.