ad: ProAudio-1

HRD Software, LLC celebrates 1 year anniversary

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by WJ6R, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

HRD Software, LLC today celebrates its one year anniversary of the close of the deal with Simon Brown, HB9DRV to acquire the rights to the Ham Radio Deluxe Software source code.

In 2011, Mike Carper (WA9PIE) formed a partnership with Rick Ruhl (W4PC) and Randy Gawtry (K0CBH) and approached Simon about buying the rights to HRD. During the 7 months of negotiations, the partners kept high hopes that they would be able to work a fair deal for both parties. The deal was closed on October 12, 2011.

Since the acquisition, HRD Software, LLC has continued to release the 5.X versions for free and expects 6.0 to be completed soon. Over the last year, the developers have fixed over 30,000 minor bugs, over 1,000 major bugs and added 20 items of new functionality into the 5.X free version.

HRD Downloads: http://www.hamradiodeluxe.com
    HRD Forum: http://forums.hrdsoftwarellc.com
    HRD YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/HRDSoftware

2. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Emeritus Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Guys,
    I am a subscriber to HRD. Wouldn't have it any other way. I have seen the strives and improvements you have made over Simon's great endeavors. I will not rush you for a release date. As the old adage goes, "serve no fine wine before its time". Question, it your are willing to release the answer, will DM780 contain the JT65 protocol? Gosh, I hope so! Keep plugging away and I am more than willing to wait for your fine finished product! ;)

3. N4WSH

N4WSH Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats on your 1 year anniversary, and I look forward to the release of version 6 and the many improvements to follow.

4. K5TED

K5TED Ham Member QRZ Page

Great. The last HRD/DM-780 rev to feature Simon and the guys splash screens runs fine 24/7 on my remote receiver. The latest free version DM-780 constantly locks up and requires Process Kill.

A Feature?

5. KG4VWY

KG4VWY Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats Rick!!! Kg4vwy

6. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks all. 6.0 will be worth the wait... more cluster info coming the next newsletter, followed the next 3 weeks by awards info.

7. VA3KAB

VA3KAB Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats! Man, it's hard to believe it was a year ago.

I can say as a long time user of HRD from 2006 (before DM780, it was PSK31 Deluxe then) the latest free version is the best ever. Keep up the great work! :)

8. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations ,
    2 of the clubs I belong to , Randy is coming to do a talk about HRD , one of them is tonight , I'l be there .

9. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

He'll have the 6.0 alpha on his laptop. Just wait until you see the Cluster Icons and the awards... and supersweeper and lotw/eqsl callsign recognition... and.. and.. and...

:)

10. AC2FO

AC2FO Ham Member QRZ Page

As a long time user I have to say I am disgusted with the results of the free versions I have had nothing but problems the program locks up constantly If I can even get it to start. I am now using Windows 7, as compared to previous using XP but every computer made now a days has windows 7. Sorry until I can get the free version to work I wont spend a dime on what was once a great program, now it is a source of frustration.

11. AC2FO

Hope he talks about all the problems the program has, that should take up most of his night.!

A disgruntled User

12. VA3KAB

VA3KAB Ham Member QRZ Page

Have you tried to get help over on the HRD Support Forums, http://forums.hrdsoftwarellc.com/ ?

I know there are lots of people running Windows 7 that have no problems with the last free version, so I imagine it is something that should be easy to sort out.

13. AC2FO

I don't know what they could tell me to do, I have installed the software, as I have on every update from HRD since it first came out. I open program and it runs for less than 30 seconds then locks up, I even went back to a earlier update with HRD. I am sorry I firmly believe they have problems with their software, this is a new computer less than 3 weeks old, the previous OS I used was XP and it was doing the same thing, I even tried my laptop wherei used to run HRD No dice, so I bought a new CI-V cable as well same deal, I downloaded TRX Manager and it works fine with Win 7 and my Ci-V cable. I rather use HRD but how can you use something that has problems the release of version 6 has been delayed so that should tell you something about the software problems .

14. WW7F

WW7F Guest

I'm waiting for them to fix it before I cast my bread upon thier waters, the asking price for the paid version is not a small amount of money for some people especially when they are having so many issues with it that get fixed and another seems to crop up .
    Glad they have a place for those who already paid, when they are satisfied then I will feel like tossing money thier way for it,no disrespect intended guys but to market such a program is akin to buying a new model car then finding they forgot a lot of details that will get fixed as time goes by, before next years model comes out.
    Many hams seem to be a picky bunch I guess to some the asking price is a lot of money when it doesnt work as it is supposed to, let us know when it is fixed and we will be there to buy it:)
    I'm not dissuading folks if they wish to buy and beta test then that is thier perogative I suppose :) Good Luck, Michelle 73

15. KF6ABU

KF6ABU Ham Member QRZ Page

How about a recent country file or unique calls file????????????????????????????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.