ad: Sussex-1

Is 7O6T operation legitimate?

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by 4X1UN, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

My call is NOT WA6MHZ/4X! (But they seem to think so!)

2. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

A few 4Z stations near 7O frequency tonight. Coincidence?

3. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

Correct, I was speaking of legal contacts, which I believe that Yemen is. We don't have to answer their CQ if we don't want to but if we wish too then we are free to do so. If we base our belief system on what many do concerning Israel, then to not be hypocritical we should not contact Cuba or any other despotic country. Israel has many civil rights and human rights issues in how it treats people ( they mistreat Arab Christians far more than the Muslims)but somehow we tend to "dismiss" it because of a misinterpretation of an Old Testament, ignoring the fact that they have been disobedient and no longer fall under the old covenant.

4. KK4AH

KK4AH Ham Member QRZ Page

4x1un is not in the 7o6T's log as of 5-4-2012 and if he is correct and they will not work him because of political reasons that makes the whole dxpedition of less value, but unfortunately not many will care.

5. K2BKT

K2BKT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have not 'jumped in', I was dragged in against my will. I was taught: "Never start a fight, and never be afraid to finish one".

"All That Is Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is That Good Men Do Nothing"

And I WILL work 7O6T if I can - this has nothing to do with the operators, or DX'ing. It has to do with the politics of the Yemini gov't, and some amateurs on here that don't have the good judgement to post their comments on a politcal blog, not here.

6. W4ALS

W4ALS Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't you think it may be just a tad arrogant to think you have these issues all so sorted out?

Israel is a tiny haven for people who were horribly abused and virtually exterminated. The country takes up what had been a postage stamp of valueless land, all with the permission and support of the world community. It is surrounded by large, oil-rich countries, most of which are oligarchies where the few live fabulous lives while most of their population lives in poverty. these countries have all the land and capital needed to accept those unhappy living in Israel.

As soon as the country was established by a vote of the world community, the neighboring countries attacked, seeking to annihilate the country. They attacked again on Yom Kippur some 20 years later. These countries keep fleeing Palestinians in camps with terrible conditions, rather than integrate them into their own society. These countries sponsor terrorist attacks on Israeli citizens, rocket attacks on civilian populations, and worldwide propaganda machines.

Israel is living 9/11 every day. When we were attacked we fought back to defend ourselves, less interested in the human rights of people in Afghanastan, Iraq, Pakistan, or Guantanamo Bay than in protecting our own safety and security, even when it caused collateral damage to innocent civilians.
    We had to either let foreigners attack us with impunity, or see photos of burned children posted to show what horrible people Americans are.

These issues are agonizing, complex, and serious. They are not new. Most Americans live on land forcibly taken from those who lived there for thousands of years. There are very few countries in the world populated and governed by the indigenous people.

It is the height of arrogance for anyone, much less one who hasn't expended the effort to become educated, to think he has all the answers. No side has a monopoly on good, and no side is without blame. It will take years to achieve peace in that region, and even then there will be unfairness to somebody.

Those with the least claim to indignation, though, are hams. Whining because you can't get a piece of pasteboard proving you communicated with one spot on the earth a few kilometers from some other spot, using equipment and technology poorly suited for the purpose is sheer vanity. If you need to communicate with Yemen, telephone, and be sure to find out how well they hear you and how well you hear them.

Amateur radio is a hobby, a pleasant pass time, and an opportunity, if taken, to better appreciate different cultures and people. DXCC is a nice way to test arcane skills and to claim healthy bragging rights. But for heaven's sake don't think time in a pileup or a five-second exchange of meaningless numbers and letters gives you a voice in resolving what may be the world's most significant and intractable problem.

You simply don't know what you're talking about, and if you spent the rest of your life learning about all the issues, you still wouldn't be in a position to declare one side or the other right or wrong.

We have a nice little recognition program for the most devoted hams. Occasionally we have issues of the world that perturbrate our equilibrium. We need to find a resolution that doesn't require us to solve the world's problems. Let the "worked-'em-all" designation mean you worked every DXCC country that isn't prohibited from contacting you.

And you care about this issue, do something meaningful to alleviate some of the suffering, on either side or both. There are lots of charities that would be glad, in return, to send you a piece of pasteboard.

7. K2BKT

K2BKT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Whatchou talkin' 'bout Willus? Nobody I've seen in any of these posts has made any claims about having issues sorted out.

And do really think the complaint was because he can't get a piece of paper?

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  8. W4ALS

W4ALS Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry, OM, I neglected to quote K7IOA by whom my post was...inspired.

9. AH6OY

AH6OY Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd like to learn when the propagation favors hawaii using a beverage.

OK if you are ever being inducted into the ultra secret DX society you are going to be grilled for those comments :)

It figures you heard them making exchanges in russian. Some might even of donated to the DXpedition.

I sense a man on the sidelines prepared for tag team wrestling. :)

Hahaha there's a lot of guys swearing the same thing. Problem is beams you can't hear are washing you out pounding into that region. Palestine had a lot of jamming stations effecting them during their DXpedition so I don't doubt some of that is going on from time to time over there now. Takes hours of calling some times. If you are operating CW the fine filter is going to have to be adjusted over your signal while you are transmitting. If you are opeating voice then just keep calling till the stronger stations they hear loose the propagation into them. Since Europe is so close it's a tough go against some of those shall we call them rowdy italians and such over there. Keep trying and probably once most of the euro guys get their contacts then things should get easier for the real DX into there instead of the local stations which I see europe as. Good luck.

10. W4HM

W4HM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

As the majority of operators are from Russia and Russia is the only western country not infected by the insanity of political correctness, I doubt that they will pay any attention to criticism leveled at them in this forum.

11. OR2A

OR2A Ham Member QRZ Page

Back in 2001 we had the YK9A dx exp to Syria

List of the OP's : http://www.qsl.net/k7ar/yk9a/operators4.htm

On may 3 2012 W4DR wrote on the cluster : " when I was at YK9A we were told if we worked a 4X we would be in BIG trouble "

These are the rules, you play by the rules, or you get kicked out of the country or maybe even worse..So cut these guy's some slack OK !!

If you work them you do, if you don't you don't..

My 2 cents

12. W4AMP

W4AMP Ham Member QRZ Page

I worked them on 20 when they were calling for the west coast and they did not put me in the log. Is it because I am Irish?

On a related note, I have heard Europeans and Mid East stations always call for west coast only. Why is it Asian stations never listen for east coast?

13. K2JK

K2JK Ham Member QRZ Page

Would you patronize a restaurant with a big NO BLACKS ALLOWED sign on the front door?

Would you try to rationalize going in by saying the restaurant gets to make their own rules, and besides their steaks are very good?

Same difference.

14. W6UDO

W6UDO Ham Member QRZ Page

Good point, KB2YAN. No I wouldn't, even tho, as many have pointed out, this is not about the ops, but the country that makes the rules and hands out pretty severe punishment to violators. Even so, I still won't try to work this DXpedition.

And mni tnx to AH6OY...as someone who was a Rowdy Italian in my younger days (off the air, of course!), I loved the "...some of those shall we call them rowdy italians and such..." Gave me a hearty laugh on a thread that has become quite a brou-ha-ha!!

Very 73...Joe

15. WB6L

WB6L Ham Member QRZ Page

Looking at the on line log, 4X1UN is not in the log. GI3SZW is posting false information. WB6L

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.