ad: cq2k-1

Is 7O6T operation legitimate?

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by 4X1UN, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

Then you haven't been reading much.

2. K2NCC

The more I read of your dribble, the less I get why you even bother posting. This thread has been beat to death long enough, otherwise I'd spend more time answering your mis-quotes and adding to your obsession with me.

3. K2NCC

No doubt! Fortunately, that's an issue that hardly compares.

4. YU7EF

YU7EF Ham Member QRZ Page

Guys, it is always unfortunate to learn things like this ... it's not fair but don't blame the team as it is explained before,
    hey must follow the rules of the host country and there it ends ....

However, I've heard reports given to 4X stations and not only once .... probably those QSO's will be held out of main
    expedition log and most likely these guys will get QSL cards ...

73, Pop, YU7EF

5. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

WHOA BOY!!!! This is a BARROOM BRAWL!!!!
    I am absolutely ASTONISHED this thread is still active!

6. VE3SKP

VE3SKP Ham Member QRZ Page

ve3skp
    when it comes from the goverment as a order
    you so!!!
    thet say no that means no
    or they be kicked off very fast
    ve3skp

7. N2RJ

N2RJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Nope. Amateur radio is a big tent.

We have lots of people doing various things.

8. W2UH

W2UH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

How do you know that contacts with Israel are not allowed? How did you find this out? That is indeed a bold statement that needs legitimacy in order to validate your claim.

WV2H, Hiram

9. W4AMP

W4AMP Ham Member QRZ Page

I would like to make a couple comments on this thread. Someone brought up the US Constitution and free speech. Although an excellent document and one I strongly believe in, it is not applicable to Amateur radio either in the US or anywhere else in the world. A radio license is a privilege, and is not a right. Obviously it is not relevant at all in a foreign country.

Someone else mentioned World War II. Amateur radio in the US was completely banned. No contacts were allowed period. Ask an old timer, they will tell you about it.

I need the 7O for a new country, and worked them on two bands. I sympathize with the comments from the 4x station. But I would not like to see this expedition invalidated over that situation. The irony is that this 4x station is infusing this operation with the same politics that he is complaining about in the first place.

I also have not seen or heard of this policy other than the original complaint from the 4x ham. He might not have made it in the log due to the sheer number of ops trying to log Yemen. The pileups have been unreal, and look pretty wild on a scope. If the Yemeni government banned the operation from working certain countries, then the ops have to comply. I seriously doubt any of the ops are anti-Semitic, if there is a conflict it is because they are following orders from the host government.

I personally learned years ago that politics can virtually ruin anything. I wish the best to all hams in the entire world. See you in the pileups and 73.

Jim
    W4AMP

10. WK5X

WK5X Guest

Why do you find this so hard to believe? I recall this kind of thing going on back to the early 1980s, and it no doubt was going on long before that.

11. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

the FCC does indeed keep such a list. Currently, that list is empty. But that list only applies to stations over which the U.S.'s FCC has jurisdiction. You would have to contact each individual country (should take a few years, if you even get an answer) to find out if they have any restrictions or prohibitions.

12. N6MEJ

N6MEJ Ham Member QRZ Page

No choice but to reply....

Surely you have a choice as to whether you will reply or not. You've simply chosen to reply and "...have foolishly decided to jump in here with political nonsense of all kinds...."

13. K3XC

K3XC Ham Member QRZ Page

This isn't rocket science. QSL managers have the discretion to award QSO's to stations whose callsigns closely match those in the log. The log never changes but the stations get their QSL's. Since the group is using Clublig it's very easy to see who they're working - for instance LX stations whose calls don't appear on qrz but substitute one letter and walla. Come on people!

14. K9OHI

K9OHI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Many have pointed out that the host government is free to make whatever rules they want and neither we nor the ARRL have any right to question their decision.

I wonder what those same hams would say if the government of Yemen had prohibited contacts with hams in the US.

15. VA3TTU

VA3TTU Ham Member QRZ Page

7O6T ClubLog is at http://www.yemen2012.com/log.php
    Enter 4X1UN - or any Israeli callsign. Get "has not worked 7O6T on any band slots".
    Click on Israel at "Leaderboard stations in CQ zone 20 or ISRAEL or in AS".
    Get nothing.
    Click on CQ zone 20 at "Leaderboard stations in CQ zone 20 or ISRAEL or in AS".
    100 stations, Israel none.

By the way, radio amateurs in the former U.S.S.R. had been "advised" not to work Israeli hams. Good that time is gone.

Last edited: May 4, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.