ad: M2Ant-1

Is 7O6T operation legitimate?

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by 4X1UN, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K2BKT

K2BKT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

So the UN is your great authority?! The org that had Libya and Iran on its human rights commision... when was the last time you heard about an Israeli boarding an Arab bus and blowing up innocent civilians? Who's perpetrating atrocities here? And the UN is an enabler and you cite them as a source. I think you spend too much time on the radio - maybe come up for air and see what's going on in the real world instead of listening to propoganda SW broadcasts...

2. K2BKT

Thank you for saying something sensible. The unfortunate thing about many hams is that they understand radio very well, but not much of anything else....

3. RA3CQ

RA3CQ Ham Member QRZ Page

You are not the only one.
    These guys ignore me too.
    Completely.
    And I have the evidence that they hear me but don't want to answer.

4. K2BKT

If you're the great American you claim to be, you'd do your homework before making such a statement.

5. K2BKT

Certainly - and the Holocaust never happened either - it was all an innocent mistake...

6. K2BKT

Judging from your comments

Judging from your comments, you're an American who thinks it's OK for the gov't to forbid operators from talking to people they don't like. Wait till Obama's FCC knocks on your door and tells you you're only allowed to QSO with registered Democrats - I suppose that will suit you just fine...

7. K2BKT

I saw the original post the other day

I saw the original post the other day and made no comment. But since others have foolishly decided to jump in here with political nonsense of all kinds, I have no choice but to reply.

Unfortunately, there are some hams who understand radio very well but not much of anything else except what they hear from listening to the English broadcasts of Radio Havana, the BBC and Radio China when they do SWL....

8. SP2DX

SP2DX Guest

I remember times when Spanish amateurs (under General Franco) or Soviet hams under their respective First Secretary were prohibited QSOs with specific countries; Polish hams were also once urged not to work Israel... I never respected these resctrictions - and I'm still alive !
    The text received from 7O6T quote "4Z4 NO NO NO QSO" reminded me of those ancient , dark times. I wonder what the DXCC Committee is going to do with it...
    Wes SP2DX

9. 4X1SO

4X1SO Ham Member QRZ Page

A man living on the tribal lands of the Tilamook and Silets peoples might want to reflect on the word squatting.

10. BX2ABT

BX2ABT Ham Member QRZ Page

All this fuss about nothing! Who cares about Yemen, Vanuatu or whatever DXCC entity anyway? Honestly people, this is amateur radio. Isn't it supposed to be about building antenna's, radio's and experimenting with them? Let it pass, move on to the next thing, get a good night sleep, hug the missus, plant a tree...... I'm just saying....

11. W4ALS

W4ALS Ham Member QRZ Page

Deleted Post

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  12. ZL4TE

ZL4TE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

For all those who are aggrieved enough, the expedition is (in part) sponsored by an American ham retail outlet. If you are so upset by it all, just don't buy from them and tell them why.

Me, I can't even hear them and while I may not agree with what is allegedly happening, life is unfair at times, but when all is said and done, it is still a hobby, ask 1B1AB who is not recognised by ANYONE!

13. IK0IXI

IK0IXI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You are perfectly right my friend. We all are just Ham radio ops, not politicians....

Shalom from Italy.

73 Fabio, IK0IXI - KF1B

14. WM3O

WM3O Ham Member QRZ Page

because Yemen and Israel are locked in a "cold war" at the moment. not being allowed to communicate with their enemy seems reasonable to me.

15. NT2X

NT2X Ham Member QRZ Page

The operation will count. Everyone has the right to object, but when this is over, a lot of people will have to eat their angry words, and maybe regret their action or inaction. A true learning experience. 73, Ed/NT2X

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.