ad: Mountaingoat-1

Is 7O6T operation legitimate?

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by 4X1UN, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

To answer an earlier question, an IARC spokesperson wrote, when asked what countries Israel was forbidden to speak with, "Israeli hams are permitted to operate with any one around the globe. But, as you can see, some Arab countries restrict contacts with 4X/4Z stations."

2. AC7DX

AC7DX Guest

Please dont work them then

3. K8WHB

K8WHB Ham Member QRZ Page

AC7DX,

I heard the CW announcement on 40M last night with my own ears, so it is NOT a rumor.

As to not working them, that is exactly what I intend to do, along with asking the ARRL (I've already sent the email) to disallow any credit for any ARRL award for contacts with this DXpedition. I've also emailed the expedition's one US-based sponsor listed on the expedition's web site (Amateur Radio Supplies LLC in Haverhill, MA) expressing my displeasure with them and making it very plain that I will NOT do business with them.

4. AC7DX

AC7DX Guest

I think its asinine....If I dont want to work 4x..its my business and I still can be a member of arrl. I am sure the business you do or do not do is of no importance to them or anyone else. If a country says no..thats their business not yours or the arrl's
    CQ will probably allow them...they dont let politics get in the way like the arrl sometimes does, and I dont care abt a piece of paper from the DXCC gang

5. WK5X

WK5X Guest

There's nothing untrue about this story.

6. AC7DX

AC7DX Guest

Okay..so You were there when the Yeman officials told the ops that?????????????
    or did you hear it on cw like the other guy did??
    Just asking

7. N9NY

N9NY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Bigger problems in life. Is this really that important. Don't respect the gov of N Korea yet worked P5.

8. N2RJ

N2RJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Not the first, won't be the last.

Hundreds (thousands?) of years of conflict in there, won't be solved overnight.

WFWL

9. KF7LPU

KF7LPU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Where can you find an updated list of countries of which you cannot communicate with.

10. AH6OY

AH6OY Ham Member QRZ Page

Propagation timing

Yah yah!

Because some are and some aren't americans. Crazy aren't they :)

Pretty odd seeing something that makes perfect sense in a long line of grumpy OM. hi hi
    Vatican ruins DXability with them for the whole world. Although I'm tempted to make a fake vatican qsl card for a friend as a joke.

Seriously though WM3O is right since yemen is listed as an enemy it probably shouldn't be QSOed with anyway. More of an internal complaint to get yemen removed from the political list if concessions are sought to be workable HF wise. But then we are hams which of course makes us all right and well aware of how the world should work. Yah right. Currently I hate the sun for not having enough spots for so long. Doesn't help no matter how much complaining goes on to get propagation up.

ARRL is going to think what question? Only question is does the country authorize the hams to operate like was done during the last operation from there.
    Of course I'm sure you mean the ARRL should play political since they don't want politics involved during QSO's.
    Anyway, I'm sure the DXCC secret society of conspirators is keeping track of which ones of you are advocating voiding contacts hi hi.
    Rumor has it the major DX orgs and their contest stations have added you guys to "the enemy list" so that you don't show up in their logs or get qsl cards from further dxpeditions and contests :)
    I don't think the complainers would like being striken from the 7O6T logs by a ruling from contributor to the DXpedition.
    May your coax rot, your antennas corrode, your power supply capacitor dry out, your mike cords stretch too far, and your logs be lost :)

Congradulations to those that got Yemen's 7O6T already and those that will. Feel free to delete those guys from your logs that are saying yemen contacts should be voided.

So where's news on how good the 7O6T DXpedition is doing instead of this play ground of grumpy old men wanting to rule the world of lost cause politics? :) Oh sorry, I forgot the idea was to get visits up which raises income from advertising banners ;)

11. K8WHB

K8WHB Ham Member QRZ Page

KL7LPU,

Below is from the FCC Web site (just copied it about 2 minutes ago - the highlight is mine) - note it ONLY applies to U.S. licensed hams:

http://wireless.fcc.gov/services/index.htm?job=about_2&id=amateur

Section 97.111 of the Commission's Rules, 47 C.F.R. ยง97.111, authorizes an amateur station licensed by the FCC to exchange messages with amateur stations located in other countries, except with those in any country whose administration has given notice that it objects to such radio communications. Currently, there are no banned countries.

Sidebar: 3rd Party traffic is a totally different issue - it is addressed further down that same FCC web page.

12. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

To think we as hams are going to change thousands of years of conflict is stretching it a bit. To demand that certain ham organizations and other entities distance themselves from this expedition is to turn ham radio into a hobby with a political agenda, something I don't condone at all.

Compare this operation with the recent Spratly one. The current one was faced with serious political obstacles as difficult to overcome as the Spratly operation, if not more so, yet they are running a first class operation within the confines their guest country set for them.

This is not the time or place to settle thousands of years of dispute. Work the expedition and show how we all can get along together as best we can and maybe those who don't understand will move inches towards each other.

I know I am.

...............Bob

13. KW0U

KW0U Ham Member QRZ Page

As noted above, for US operators we can talk with people in any part of the world. Overseas I am pretty sure that Cubans aren't allowed to QSO with Guantanamo Bay (it certainly does not count for their awards). Politics, of course.

Interestingly, about a year before Pearl Harbor the FCC banned its amateur licensees from communicating with any foreign stations, even Canada. So we were banned from all DX!

14. N8XWT

N8XWT Ham Member QRZ Page

The State of Israel's treatment of the Palestinians has been compared by United Nations investigators and human rights groups to South Africa's treatment of non-whites during its apartheid era. And some guy from Israel is complaining about not being able to talk on his radio?

15. K9PLG

K9PLG Ham Member QRZ Page

But there were two nets above us @ 7.188 & 7.191... We could not go down because people were calling them from 7.185 all the way down to 7.180... there always a few that don't comprehend the 'listening up 5' thing or they just go up 3 or 4 hoping to cut the pileup.. NCS tried everything he could before he threw in the towel..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.