ad: Radclub22-1

Is 7O6T operation legitimate?

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by 4X1UN, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. 4X1UN

4X1UN Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you all for your support and intriguing comments.
    Two additions/clarifications:
    1. Yes, the 7O6T team has stated in CW in the middle of the pile-ups several times "NO QSO 4X NO QSO 4X..."
    2. I doubt if you will find any 4X station in the online log - The 30m/160m symbols simply mean they are not active on those bands/modes.
    73s

2. W2MFT/SK2023

W2MFT/SK2023 Ham Member QRZ Page

Sure you can hold them accountable...Don't send any donations and the Americans on the operation should be ashamed of themselves...for furthering the aims of that government...But sadly the ME FIRST attitude of our Community will prevail....rather than the aims and spirit of Amateur Radio...

3. KC2ZPK

KC2ZPK Ham Member QRZ Page

this is most shameful.

4. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Most of the listed team members listed on the 7o6t page have email addresses in their qrz.com bios. Why not email one of them and just ask if it's their policy not to QSO Israel, rather than speculating about it here?

5. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Why is that?

6. K4WS

K4WS Ham Member QRZ Page

ARRL has little to do with politics of foreign countries, so bitching to them is about useless.

What world you been living in man? The ARRL created DXCC, which is why they go to the rare ones. This is consistent with the behavior of 5a,
    the previous 7o. The ARRL does have power in this issue! They set the standards for any countries or dxpeditioner's qualifying standards. NO
    country should be exempt for working a new one. 7o can say no-yes, they have the right; the ARRL has the moral right in denying an operation
    that refuses to work all our brother and sister hams. I am at the top of the honor roll but would gladly be acceptable to the ARRL doing the LEGAL
    and moral thing in relation to their DXCC rules....Maybe you need to read the qualifying standards the ARRL has put on the table for this award.
    73 k4ws

7. W2MFT/SK2023

W2MFT/SK2023 Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok...I emailed the three American Operators...Lets see if they respond...

8. WB4TJH

WB4TJH Ham Member QRZ Page

Yemen issues the licenses, Yemen calls the shots. Like it or not.

9. K1VSK

I think we all know that. What we (ARRL) do is control the acceptability of such activities for DXCC purposes which is after all the only incentive for conducting this expedition. Absent DXAC approval, such behavior would not be tolerated.

10. K1LWI

K1LWI Ham Member QRZ Page

This is truth this not count for dxcc but not sure ?also wonder one guys was jew ham from usa what would happen ham radio is friends with world
    k1lwi wen

11. AA8GK

AA8GK Ham Member QRZ Page

I think the answer to that is loud and clear.

12. ND1W

ND1W Ham Member QRZ Page

Really?? I must be deaf cuz I'm not hearing it.....

13. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

National Botherhood Week by Tom Lehrer is running through my head right about now.

14. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't see how they can police it unless there is a Yemen police officer sitting next to the Op for each and every contact. And, judging on the intensity of the team, they will make probably 200K contacts, who is going to go over the log?

But, if they Violate the rules and Pi$$ off the authorities, then they could rule the WHOLE DXpedition invalid, jail the ops in a Yemen prison for the rest of their lives, and ALL of Amateur Radio loses!

A similar thing COULD happen in P5. And they could say they could work the WHOLE WORLD all they want but no USA stations! WOW, would that be dicey!

15. K1VSK

I know but doubt he has the character to admit it.. But it's good to expose it for what it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.