ad: portazero-1

FCC Sets Date for Medical Devices on 70 cm

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB2KAB, Jan 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. W8ED

W8ED Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, after reading the details....Looks like about a BILLION to ONE chance of any problems caused by RF interference. Don't really see a problem for us as the ham community or the potential wearer of the device. Further, these devices are allocated on a secondary basis as well. Keep in mind that WE are also secondary to govt services on 70cm as well....Something to think about as well, NC5P brings a good point....keyfobs, garage door openers,weather stations with wireless displays, as well as many other devices that we all don't even think about are in use all over the place, operate in the same frequency range.......Just food for thought.

73, Ed , W8ED

2. WA3RA

WA3RA Ham Member QRZ Page

I suggest you look up the AN/FPS-115 system; Pavepaws. Average output power is around 150 kilowatts. If you get close enough to one, spread sprectrum or not, they essentially trash the entire band that they operate in. Heaven help the poor person using one of these devices near one of these radar installations.

3. W6WO

W6WO Ham Member QRZ Page

I am unconcerned about these devices causing us interference but many of us are all potential patients. It is reasonable to ask for evidence that they are immune to legitimate transmissions from primary users. One wonders how the FCC will deal with complaints. Ron W6WO

4. N1ART

N1ART Guest

radar love?

yeah exactly!, My friend lives near one of those and all he hears is sputtering on the 440 band,Ouch!

5. WD5JOY

WD5JOY Ham Member QRZ Page

I wanna know more about that 50 watt / 440MHz power limit. Here I be on "the corners" of four states and running a "tad more than 50 watts" directed into MooNexico on a daily basis! Hello Army guys in NM .... can ya' hears me?! Oh my! I'm a bad ham - ignorant of "the rules AND the regulations". I'm pretending I never read that part!:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.