ad: elecraft

QRZ Callsign Database Policy Change

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jun 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W4ABC

W4ABC Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd be willing to bet my last buck that this is exactly the situation, Bill. Currently I'm seeing quite a few HRD users complaining of the very same thing in the HRD groups and many are XML subscribers. Give the QRZ config another shot and see if things get straightened out. In the mean time, here's some background info on the subject:

http://wiki.hamradiodeluxe.com/index.php?title=Tools_Menu#Callsign_Lookup

Jon Pearl - W4ABC
    www.w4abc.com

2. AA6YQ

AA6YQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Check to see if your XML subscription has expired; mine expired the week before last with no notice.

Dave, AA6YQ

3. N4NYY

N4NYY Ham Member QRZ Page

I was just thinking. I have HRD 5.0, and is one of the programs that uses the database. I think the 150 lookup limit us more than enough for me. However, if it is the ads you are worrying about, you might suggested to the programmers of these logger to have an ad window, in the same area as the QRZ info. This way, your advertisers get their ad views anyway. Not sure if this could work, but it's just a suggestion.

4. K4ED

K4ED Ham Member QRZ Page

Why no reply to my questions????

5. PU8WWW

PU8WWW Ham Member QRZ Page

I already have the xml service active on my account, but I am not able to fetch the data using the HAM RADIO DELUXE, anyone have any tips to help me, I have asked support HAM RADIO DELUXE, did all the procedure but still the same problem here.

6. W4ABC

W4ABC Ham Member QRZ Page

Did you take a look at the link that I sent to another, Renato?

http://wiki.hamradiodeluxe.com/ind...allsign_Lookup

Jon Pearl - W4ABC
    www.w4abc.com

7. AH6RR

AH6RR Ham Member QRZ Page

My HRD Lookups seem to be a lot faster now thanks Fred. For those of you who wine and complain that the XML subscription is too much money or that QRZ get's the info from the FCC pull your head out of where the sun dont shine. 1. It would only be USA call in the data base. 2. I have been out of work for the last 2+ years and I still buy my XML Subscription. 3. the bots that are being blocked are used by anal orifices to garner your email addresses so you get all those wonderful Male enhancement, Male performance and HI my name is Doctor Jim Mabooty and I have chosen you to partner with me in sharing 6 Million dollars crap.
    Support QRZ or QRT
    My 2 cents worth
    Roland AH6RR

8. K4ED

K4ED Ham Member QRZ Page

How can I know how many of my 150/day I have used?

As a registered and logged in member, is there a way to see how many of my 150 look-ups/day I have used?

Also, is it 150 look-ups per 24 period, or per calendar day? If per calendar day, which time zone is that 'day' in?

9. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

It's 150 lookups per calendar day, starting at 0100 UTC

Sorry, there is no viewable counter value.

10. W0IIT

W0IIT Ham Member QRZ Page

I went to look up a call sign for the 2nd time in several days and I got a message saying I had used QRZ for 280 look ups in the last 24 hours. The only way that could happen is that someone has figured out my password and logged in under my call sign.

What is going on?

tia, Bart Lawson W0IIT

11. AK4MP

AK4MP QRZ Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

If you suspect that might have happened, then I suggest a pass word change is in order.

12. SM0BRF

SM0BRF Ham Member QRZ Page

Have same problem, sort of. When opening QRZ.COM page the counter register tens of entries. Closing the page and going back again result in counter rushing. So I reach the limit after maybe 3 or 4 look ups.

73, Roland SM0BRF

13. SV3JZQ

SV3JZQ Ham Member QRZ Page

i have the same problem
    sv3jzq

14. VK7KT

VK7KT Ham Member QRZ Page

I to am having the same problem. Logged in this morning and it reported that I have exceeded 152 lookups.. Very impossible..
    Is there some kind of glitch with this...

73 Doug VK7KT

15. EI7IS

EI7IS Guest

That sounds very reasonable!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.