ad: UR5CDX-1

XML locator "Grid" missing

Discussion in 'QRZ XML Logbook Data' started by N0YH, Aug 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N0YH

N0YH Guest

When using XML Data Service w/ Digital Master 780 for Callsign Search/Locate, I do not get a data fill for "Locator" (grid square). (DM780, ver. 4.1)

I would like this to have this information to improve my antenna pointing effectiveness.

Is this fault/missing data a DM780 fault/error or XML data feed ??

Thanks,
    Harold , N0YH

2. KT7DAD

KT7DAD Ham Member QRZ Page

Neither do I.
    Neither does I get the US state....

3. K2DSL

K2DSL Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

4. N0YH

N0YH Guest

Thanks for the reply, :)

I have looked at Version 5 and didn't like the changes over Version 4.1 Build 2321

I guess I will have to find another browser/program to replace DM-780
    version. Or is an update contemplated ??

Thanks,
    Harold, N0YH

5. K2DSL

I resisted v5 for a long time too but it reached a point where it was better then v4 for at least how I used it.

I'm not sure why you'd need to move away from DM780 because of this 1 issue. You can open each item in HRD's logbook after DM780 writes it there and press the QRZ button to populate the field. Another option is WD5EAE's HRD Utility program which you can run against the records and update the grid square.

6. K2QI

K2QI Ham Member QRZ Page

I have the latest release, and still HRD cannot populate the Locator field.

What's interesting is that if I use my XML subscription to get the info, it will only populate Name and Country. If I use the web interface for downloading the data to HRD, then at least I also get the address and QTH fields filled out.

Any suggestions?

7. K2DSL

What for the developer to fix the underlying code - mapping incoming data (XML or scraping the HTML) to the appropriate application fields.

8. K2QI

K2QI Ham Member QRZ Page

So this is a program issue? Do other users of HRD experience this? All logs from June 2010 and prior are OK whereas everything after that date is missing the grid square information. :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.