ad: chuckmartin

Download JT65-HF1051.zip software

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by IZ4CZL, Jun 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. IZ4CZL

IZ4CZL Ham Member

Hi all,
    I have tested all software for terrestrial JT65A and in my opinion the best is
    JT65-HF.
    JT65-HF is the only that receive and decode all trasmissions made in the same minute......it's great!!!
    You can download JT65-HF1051.zip on:
    http://www.iz4czl.ucoz.com
    73 de Alex, IZ4CZL

2. KA5C

KA5C Guest

terrestrial JT65A

It sounds like dehydrated water, to me. I have lots of dehydrated water for sale...if anyone is interested. Just email me.

72+0.5,

Mike

3. AB1JM

AB1JM Ham Member QRZ Page

Alex,

I agree with you. It is great software. I have had a great time using JT65A on 20m. I have posted some information about my experiences so far with this mode on my blog. I would really like to see how well it does on the lower bands but there is not as much activity there.

4. KN4OK

KN4OK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

5. G0GQK

G0GQK Ham Member QRZ Page

Let me say I know nothing about this software, is it used for proper contacts giving name, QTH, IOTA, IARU locator. county and a few pleasantries, or is it a basic data transmission ?

G0GQK

6. AB1JM

This mode only allows for very basic exchanges... callsign - locator - report... You can enter any text but only 13 characters and it takes a full minute to send that. But what this mode lacks in speed it makes up in s/n. I have made contacts with signals as low as -27dB s/n level. Personally I prefer being able to "rag-chew" a bit but this is still a fun mode and it gives hams with limited antenna systems a chance at working DX that they would not have otherwise been able to.

Steve - AB1JM
    http://nhham.blogspot.com/

7. W4HM

W4HM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Lower Bands

I used it on 3576 KC yesterday evening, my first 80 meter contatct on JT65A. Now I just need 160 meters!

8. AB1JM

Would you be interested in trying a 160m QSO sometime with me? NH-FL may be a stretch with my limited setup but it may be fun to try it.

Steve - AB1JM

9. WD8KNI

WD8KNI Ham Member QRZ Page

I think we should drop call signs, and use the IP address assigned to our computer. We can then drop the "I" from the "I" worked part of all conversations. But we can say "MY Computer" worked 5 continents, 300 countries, dam I a proud of my computers skills.
    This is worse then all of the hunter nets. 25 times a guy asks for a call repeat, then finally gets it right, then reports a 59 and gets another county.. It would take another 1000 repeats if they all didn't report 59..
    "I worked a lot of DX on 40" I work it every night on CW.. Fred

10. W6MQI

W6MQI Ham Member QRZ Page

Yea... Yea... Yea... I think you need to refill your Greitol your getting grummpy again.

11. AB1JM

Well fred, I work CW too. The difference between you and I is that I embrace what our hobby is all about. Where would amateur radio be today if the pioneers of wireless had said they wanted nothing to do with that new fangled mode of wireless... "Using telegraph wires is the way its been done for years and that's the real way to communicate with Morse code"...

Just something for you to think about before you bash those of us that enjoy trying new methods of wireless communications.

Steve - AB1JM

12. KC2UGV

KC2UGV Ham Member QRZ Page

You can get a ham radio IP address from AMPR :)

13. K7JBQ

K7JBQ Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Well said.

I would rather make a "live" CW contact as well. What JT65A permits (and the software in question makes more user-friendly) is the ability to make a DX contact when the band is "dead" for all other practical purposes.

Working Japan or Russia when the CW and phone sections of the band are completely devoid of hearable signals just adds another dimension to amateur radio.

Bill

14. IZ4CZL

IZ4CZL Ham Member

INFO for JT65-HF users

It's better to set the waterfall speed=1 (less CPU usage), expecially if you run a slow PC.
    TNX visit my site downloading JT65-HF
    73 de Alex, IZ4CZL
    http://www.iz4czl.ucoz.com

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  15. UA6JD

UA6JD Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

JT65a is valid as DIGITAL (RTTY) for DXCC. Few countries is began operated on digital from JT65a. I am hunt for 5N0OCH and first get him as new one on JT65a and then RTTY/psk31.
    [​IMG]

Also - Wake Island KH9 was last time QRV on digital (psk31) as K7ASU/KH9 in September 2004, then by KC2QII/KH9 on JT65a only and this month Colin WA2YUN/KH9 promise QRV on digital, also JT65a only. So if you DXing on digital you must have JT65 soft install in your computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.