ad: wmr-1

Mobile callsign lookup app released for Palm WebOS Phones (Pre and Pixi)

Discussion in 'QRZ XML Logbook Data' started by KJ6FLT, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KJ6FLT

KJ6FLT Ham Member QRZ Page

I've just released a free beta test vesion of Hamster for WebOS phones (Palm Pre and Pixi). If you have a Pre or Pixi from Palm, you can download the free app at this link or go to the Palm Beta App Catalog to find it.

http://developer.palm.com/webChannel/index.php?packageid=com.rbtdev.hamster

Hamster provides callsign lookups using the QRZ XML Logbook Data Service. Using Hamster, you can search QRZ’s database of callsigns. Search results are displayed in a summary list, including the QRZ picture if available. Tapping on the summary entry displays more detail (including e-mail address, and website URL - if available on QRZ) and provides the ability to quickly display a Google Maps image of their location. Each contact can be saved to a “Favorites” list. Future additions will include the ability to save callsign results to custom lists, and to create and export call logs for use in desktop logging software.

Try it out and let me know if you have any ideas for the future!

'73s - Rob (KJ6FLT) - San Diego, Ca
    www.rbtdev.com

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  2. KC5FM

KC5FM Ham Member QRZ Page

Other phones

Do you have an application for the Blackberry or the Itouch?

Thanks

3. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Not sure about the iTouch, but the iPhone has apps that will do the same, as well as provide DX Cluster info and solar data. Just search the app store for "amateur radio" or some-such. There is also a logging program available targeting mobiles, but I don't like playing with my phone while driving! :eek:

............Bob

4. WU3K

WU3K XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Other Ham Apps for WebOS

Rob,

Would love to see a couple of things for WebOS. First, Echolink. Second, an APRS updater of some sort....i.e. the ability to update aprs.fi using the GPS functions on the phone....I believe the I-Phone has both of these types of apps.

Thanks Rob! Still using the BETA version of Hamster.....going to download the paid version soon.

Jim

KB0JTC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.