ad: CQMM-1

CQWW 160m band segment violations

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KE7ZOE

KE7ZOE Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you. I was just looking for a source. I understand how the IARU/ITU system works. The individual countries voluntarily agree to abide by the "suggested" band plan for the sake of organization, but they are then enforced as "rules" within the individual countries.

Those are the "rules" in question.

2. VR2BG

VR2BG Ham Member QRZ Page

Not quite right. Countries involved in ITU sign up to do things per ITU. What that is the countries in ITU decide collectively. Countries still can do what they want, as long as what they allow to be done within their territory doesn't cause harmful interference to others elsewhere who are doing things per ITU.

With allocations, ITU only concern itself at a higher level, for example in this case deciding in R1 that radiolocation is 1800-1810, amateur is 1810-whatever, etc. Any more structure than that (as in what type of emission can be used where) is entirely up to the individual country (most don't).

The "rule" here is the ITU RR, which countries embraced by treaty & its provisions will be either referenced to or seen in countries' laws/regulations. Absolutely nothing to do with IARU.

73, ex-VR2BG/p.

3. N3XRU

N3XRU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm confused. The amateur band runs from 1.800 to 2.000. So what's the problem in the 1.800 to 1.810 segment?

-Dick-

4. K5VCR

K5VCR Ham Member QRZ Page

What ever....we still had lots of fun!!!:D

W5ROS= Elmendorf, Tx.

5. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Read the thread. This has been explained already. The amateur band is different in other countries.

6. W0VYE

W0VYE Ham Member QRZ Page

Honestly, folks, I find some of what's posted to this thread pretty incredible, coming from a group of licensed amateur radio operators. To those who don't understand what the problem is, I hope you'll do a little studying before you get back on HF. Those of you who just don't care demonstrate the basic problem with a "self-policed" service. I'm ashamed of you. Nevertheless, 73

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.